Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and a build a product that we love and are all proud of! At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products and are strong team players.
A ShopBack Engineer empowers our merchants and customers, and elevates their shopping experience. Your work has a direct impact to millions of shoppers in 7 countries and we’re looking to expand our team as we scale even further. If you are inspired to take up new challenges then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Singapore.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new and existing web-based applications
- Coordinate with engineering to define and prioritize engineering projects.
- Able to work in a dynamic and diverse engineering culture - every day, we learn from each other, brainstorm and execute ideas, and play ping pong to unwind...
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior - we’re proud that our product is changing the way people shop online
- Interest in exploring and learning the latest technologies in the industry.
- Preferably Bachelor or Masters in a computing related field. (Computer Science, Computer engineering, Information Systems etc)
- Hands on experience working with NodeJS (or other back-end scripting languages/framework)
- Advantageous if you have worked with AWS (or other cloud services: Heroku or Google Cloud)
- Exposure to both relational (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and non-relational (eg. MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra) databases
- Worked on highly scalable and distributed microservices
- Knowledge on RESTful API development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Highly motivated individual with a never give up attitude
- open-minded, honest and have a positive attitude towards people