BUILD THE SMARTER WAY TO SHOP
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ’The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/shopback-engineering
- Develop ML and NLP features in our search products, including product classification, search engine ranking, product recommendation, price comparison and etc.
- Build a great product that impacts consumer online behavior - we’re proud that our product is changing the way people shop online
- Able to work in a dynamic and diverse engineering culture - every day, we learn from each other, brainstorm and execute ideas.
- Interest in exploring and learning the latest technologies in the industry.
- Code with the ability to scale with large data set
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services
- Familiar with search engine(elastic search or solr). Understand how to improve search recall and precision.
- Experience in massive data processing platform (hadoop, spark)
- 3- 5 years experience in internet industry(familiar with networking protocol, distributed and high availability system).
- Passion for software development and committed to delivering outstanding work
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Strong programming skill in Java, python or PHP.