CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
ShopBack is a digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. ShopBack has big ambitions and is currently growing strong in 7 countries - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand & Australia. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and a build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack's eCommerce loyalty & discovery platform currently powers Taobao, Expedia, Lazada, ZALORA and more than 1,300 eCommerce merchants. We now provide cash rebates to over 6 million users and are focused on growing and dominating the landscape.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the eCommerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Malaysia!
To know more about our team and culture: Click here
For this role, you will report to the Regional Design Team that is responsible for building a strong brand and growing customer loyalty towards ShopBack.
You will lead and manage a team, and create a stronger Design System with various Regional teams to ensure visual consistency throughout the region. Your projects will be complex, cross-functional, cross-countries and cross-platforms, but they will be crucial in driving the KPIs of customer engagement and brand awareness.
Based in our Malaysia office, you will work directly with some of the most talented designers that make up our Malaysia Design Hub. As a Senior Design Manager in a Regional company, you take on a leadership role and get the opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues from our other 6 country offices across SE Asia.You are expected to take strong ownership of your domains, lead cross-functional teams with positive influence, and most importantly, take charge of projects by being grounded and hands-on with your fellow team mates.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to elevate standards and contribute meaningfully and constructively on projects. A bonus if the candidate has copywriting or additional marketing experience and skillsets.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered for this position.
- Develop, lead, and execute original, innovative, and strategically-sound creative concepts and ideas across the full range of design communication channels
- Lead, mentor, and set design thinking process as well as direction of creative campaigns across various platforms
- Push the creative boundaries and standards of the team by producing high quality disruptive creatives and content.
- Review the work of designers and provide direction and guidance
- Work as part of the Creative team producing high-quality artwork across multiple touch points, including video editing, digital, mobile/app and print
- Actively participate in and lead concept development and brainstorming sessions for branding, campaigns and content.
- Work on multiple projects of varying complexities, meet your deadlines and support your team members to meet theirs
- Manage, develop and coordinate the creation of visual mock-ups
- Follow the right design processes and create high-quality deliverables for projects
- Evaluate the design team’s work against project objectives, suggest refinements, and select recommendations
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- At least 1 year of experience in leading high performing creative team or equivalent managerial experience
- Possess a minimum Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or any relevant field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Aftereffects, Premiere Pro) and related industry leading software
- Copywriting experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with teams across geographies and comfortable with presentations