ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and a build a product that we love and are all proud of!
At ShopBack, we handle a lot of data that can tell us about the way shoppers make buying decisions. Our Data Team is first and foremost responsible for collecting, processing and organizing these large amounts of data using advanced and scalable techniques. They then analyze these complex datasets to draw out practical findings that we can apply to our products to enhance the customer experience.
A ShopBack Data Analyst helps steer our teams to make informed data-driven decisions, and paves our future of scientifically predicting how shoppers will behave in the evolving digital landscape. Your work has a direct impact to millions of shoppers in 6 countries and we’re looking to expand our team as we scale even further.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Development of data visualization tools to be used daily by hundreds of team mates across multiple countries
- Development of reports and insights to support product and commercial decisions
- Collaborate with the product teams in understanding user personas and customers’ shopping intent and behaviours
- Work closely with Data Engineering to implement data tracking across our consumer platforms
- Usage of machine learning algorithms to predict shopper behavior, detect fraudulent activity, enhance the customer experience and improve business KPIs
- Build a strong understanding of ShopBack’s data ecosystems
Technical Requirements (Must Have)
- A very good understanding of data lake and ELT processes
- Highly proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- Strong skills in Python for analytical and ELT purposes
- Experience in Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling is highly valued
Other skills which will be helpful but not required include:
- Software engineering skills in other programming languages
- Skills with visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, D3.js)