Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and a build a product that we love and are all proud of!
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products and are strong team players.
A ShopBack Engineer empowers our merchants and customers, and elevates their shopping experience. Your work has a direct impact to millions of shoppers in 5 countries and we’re looking to expand our team as we scale even further.
We are looking for top talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Singapore.
At ShopBack, we handle a lot of data that can tell us about the way shoppers make buying decisions. Our Data Team is first and foremost responsible for collecting, processing and organizing these large amounts of data using advanced and scalable techniques. They then analyze these complex datasets to draw out practical findings that we can apply to our products to enhance the customer experience.
A ShopBack Data Analyst helps steer our teams to make informed data-driven decisions, and paves our future of scientifically predicting how shoppers will behave in the evolving digital landscape. Your work has a direct impact to millions of shoppers in 6 countries and we’re looking to expand our team as we scale even further.
- Development of reports and insights to support product and commercial decisions
- Collaborate with the product teams in understanding user personas and customers’ shopping intent and behaviours
- Work closely with Data Engineering to implement data tracking across our consumer platforms
- Usage of machine learning algorithms to predict shopper behavior, detect fraudulent activity, enhance the customer experience and improve business KPIs
- Build a strong understanding of ShopBack’s data ecosystems
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Highly proficient in writing complex SQL queries
- Strong skills in Python/Scala for data cleaning, ELT and analytical purposes
- Hands on experience in ELT data pipelines and big data computing framework (Spark)
- A very good understanding of data lake and ELT processes
- Hands on experience in Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling is highly valued
Other desirable attributes include:
- Software engineering skills in other programming languages
- Skills with visualization and reporting tools (D3.js)
- Relevant working experience in startups and e-commerce industry