About the Role:
Are you a Business Development guru? Does creating lasting and meaningful business relationships make you tick? Do you want to help a rapidly ascending start-up drive its next phase of growth? If so, Shogun is looking for you.
You are a leader with a track record of developing new business partnerships. You thrive on building deals from the ground up, and you are a self-starter. The successful candidate will report to the company’s [CEO/President] and will work closely with members of our executive team as we scale our business.
Shogun is an exciting and rapidly growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector, supported by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley. Our SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects. Build something amazing with us and get in on the ground floor!
- Develop new channel partnerships to grow our network of home improvement contractors
- Source and close deals with new financial institutions to expand our personal loan marketplace
- Assist in growing our insurance business by developing relationships deals with carriers, wholesalers, and major brokers
- Creatively explore new lines of business in adjacent markets and propose collaborations to grow the business
- Serve as the primary liaison to existing business partners and ensure a high level of renewals and expansions
- Represent Hearth at conferences, trade shows, and other applicable events as needed
- Work cross-functionally to guarantee that our business partners get what they need from us to make all our deals as successful as possible
- BA/BS degree
- 8+ years of Business Development experience
- Ambitious, self-starter, who will be able to deliver results on your own initiative
- Do-whatever-it-takes, positive attitude that will rub off on your colleagues and business prospects
- Extraordinary interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, cultivator of collaborative working relationships with teams across and outside of organization.
- Stellar track record of developing new partnerships/deals with multiple stakeholders
We are hiring for this position in our office in San Francisco, CA.
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.