About this Role:
The design team at Shogun delivers value to our users through the things we make. As a Senior Designer on our rapidly growing team, you have a unique opportunity to work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams throughout the product life cycle. You will report directly to the SVP of Product and lead the design of our branded product.
Shogun is a fintech company that helps small businesses grow by offering competitive financing options to their customers. Our first SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- gives home improvement contractors an effective and competitive way to sell more jobs with financing. Backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley, Shogun is the fastest growing company in the home improvement financing space. We’re always looking for smart, ambitious people to join our San Francisco, Austin, and Charleston offices. Build something amazing with us and join a rapidly growing company!
- Create and lead new design ideas from concepts to implementation, efficiently and beautifully.
- Collaboratively delegate and assign tasks to a Production Designer and monitor the quality of the work produced.
- Approach design challenges holistically, considering all parts of the experience including copy, animations, UI, business, and legal requirements.
- Iterate on existing products and features to ensure that we are delivering industry-leading Brand and UX.
- Liaise with Marketing to define our Brand and Voice.
- Work with Product and Engineering to build intuitive, elegant solutions.
- Deeply understand the needs of a diverse user base consisting of consumers, merchants, and business partners.
- Build and scale brand & component style guides that serve as the foundations of our visual language.
- An exceptionally strong portfolio
- 4+ years of experience designing Brand, UX and shipping products.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication ability
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- High proficiency in industry standard tools, i.e. Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin etc.
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to flexible, intuitive patterns and solutions.
- Expertise in UI, UX, or visual design, but have skills in other creative disciplines. We’re looking to work with well-rounded creatives.
- Hardworking collaborative attitude
- 2+ Years in a Lead Design role
- Experience working with data to inform design decisions
- Experience creating printed materials
- UI animation skills
- Knowledge of common UI frameworks like React Native / Web
- Cross-platform design experience (iOS, Android, Web, Emails)
We are hiring for this position in our office in downtown San Francisco, CA.
You should include these in your application:
• A link to your portfolio
• Your CV or LinkedIn profile
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.