About the Role:
Do you live and breathe the post-sales customer experience? Do you have a track record helping companies build and define the customer journey from onboarding to support to retention and cross-selling? Do you want to help a rapidly ascending start-up drive its next phase of growth? If so, Shogun is looking for you.
As the VP of Customer Success, you will own and drive success outcomes for all our customers. You are a strategic, empathetic leader. You know what it takes to provide world-class customer onboarding, support, adoption, advocacy, and retention, and you can do all the above while keeping an eye on the KPIs and outcomes for your team (including NPS, renewal rates, and response times).
This is a strategic, hands-on leadership role.
Reporting to the CEO, you will help us maintain the highest level of customer support while scaling a team of amazing, customer-first support professionals.
Shogun is a rapidly growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector, supported by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley. Our SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects. Build something amazing with us and get in on the ground floor!
- Own the entire post-sales customer lifecycle from onboarding to adoption, advocacy, and retention
- Build and own a customer success playbook that will be 100% unique to us
- Drive success outcomes incl. setting a benchmark for renewal rates and working to exceed them gloriously
- Help us build a high-performing, customer-centric organization
- Influence lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores
- Build a strategy to expand revenue within our existing customer accounts
- Own billing disputes and customer escalations
- Develop an organizational structure for the team that will scale as we grow
- Own continuous improvement for the team
- BA/BS degree
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in technology, startups, and Customer Success.
- You have successfully scaled a Customer Success team in a growing, post-Series A startup
- You have a reputation for building outstanding customer experiences
- You’re a self-starter who consistently achieves in a high-growth environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy, data-driven, and proficient in Google Suite
Customer Success will work closely with every department in the organization--from marketing and sales to product and engineering--and have an incredible impact on the company. Come be a part of it.
We are hiring for this position in our office in downtown Austin, TX.
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.