Shogun is a rapidly growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector, supported by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley. Our SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects.
About the role
Think of the last Pull Request you merged at your previous job. Likely, it was code that ran in a small corner of your company's codebase, where its presence was appreciated but not noticed. At Shogun, your ideas and code will have tremendous impact on the direction of our product, from the very first week. You will have opportunities to work on high impact projects that span across many departments.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will mentor others, own complete feature implementations, and spearhead architectural decisions. We are a close-knit team that gets things done while having fun doing so. Engineers are encouraged to be autonomous, solving open ended problems and maximizing their own growth. We view the company as a conduit for individuals to reach their highest potential in an environment that provides mutual benefit for both parties.
Here's what you'll do:
- Contribute to the codebase within your first week
- Ideate with other departments to better solve our customer's problems
- Build and own end-to-end solutions using a wide array of technologies
- Maintain existing systems to ensure high quality and scalability
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of technical experience
- Experience as a generalist, working on whatever part of the stack in necessary to solve the problem at hand
- A passion for building web and mobile applications or systems that support them
- We use Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, Docker and are hosted on AWS. Experience in these technologies is encouraged, but not required.
Here's what we value:
- Growth. Between hackathons, tech presentations, and weekly "Brain Gains," we encourage each member to keep up to date and learn about the latest technologies and how we can leverage them.
- Ownership. You will have autonomy over how you decide to implement solutions to problems.
- Accountability. From setting your own deadlines to backing up your design decisions, we expect each engineer to follow through and be held to the highest standards.
Engineers work closely with every department in the organization -- from sales and customer success to product and marketing. Come join a team that has an incredible impact on the success of the company!
We are hiring for this position in our office in downtown San Francisco, CA.
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.