We are building a company at the intersection of tech and logistics; creating a high achieving, thoughtful, inclusive, and people-centric culture. We're a group of passionate professionals with backgrounds across supply chain, logistics, bots, product, and engineering.
Working together, we are creating a better transportation experience for our Team, Carriers, and Customers. We have a loft space in Fulton Market
that is built around collaboration and openness. It is also dog friendly and has a meditation room!
CoLane (formerly Fraight AI
) is a workflow automation company disguised as a freight brokerage. We’re automating the $300B Contract Truckload Freight Market with a Human + Machine, tech-enabled services approach.
We're building Archie (our AI bot) to be able to automate 80% of the boring, routine tasks that are critical to the life of a freight broker, allowing our team to deliver quality and consistency while focusing on problems only people can solve.
We are seeking a team member experienced in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
This is initially a part-time position, where most work will need to be done in the morning to early afternoon hours, most weekdays, but as you build in responsibilities and take on more, there is full-time potential to grow on take on more.
Location: Ideally working 3-5 hrs. per day, 5 days a week from our Fulton Market office, but alternate accommodations can be made. At minimum, we need 5 hours per day M/W/F. Some remote work is also possible.
About the Job:
* Gather invoices and invoice backup for processing and factoring
* Enter invoices into the accounting system
* Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
* Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
* Maintain vendor files and updating vendor account information (this may include W-9 collection and address
* Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
* Assist with other projects as needed and take on more as you grow within the company
Required Skills and Criteria:
* Either obtained or seeking an Accounting/Business degree or has equivalent job experience
* 1-3 years as a Staff Accountant
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and generally computer savvy
* Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Ability to work with various levels of people within the company as well as with external parties
* Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
* Attention to detail
Minimum required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Minimum one to two years of experience in accounting.
Preferred: Experience working in a 3PL/logistics company (preferred but not required)
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree, Associates Degree
Commitment to Diversity:
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds