We are building a company at the intersection of tech and logistics; creating a high achieving, thoughtful, inclusive, and people-centric culture. We're a group of passionate professionals with backgrounds across supply chain, logistics, bots, product, and engineering.
Working together, we are creating a better transportation experience for our Team, Carriers, and Customers. We have a loft space in Fulton Market
that is built around collaboration and openness. It is also dog friendly and has a meditation room!
CoLane (formerly Fraight AI
) is a workflow automation company disguised as a freight brokerage. We’re automating the $300B Contract Truckload Freight Market with a Human + Machine, tech-enabled services approach.
We're building Archie (our AI bot) to be able to automate 80% of the boring, routine tasks that are critical to the life of a freight broker, allowing our team to deliver quality and consistency while focusing on problems only people can solve.
About the Role:
Your primary focus will be securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to get the customer’s goods delivered on time.
To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with transportation companies and help expand CoLane's network of quality carriers. This role combines inside sales, account management, and operational activities to meet the shipping needs of our customers.
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (sourcing bot, lead generation, cold calling, and referrals)
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers)
- Leverage Archie (CoLane's TMS), along with data and other resources to make informed decisions, negotiate price, drive automation and improve efficiency
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution; report problems about Archie to appropriate product/engineering channels; suggest improvements to Archie to appropriate product/engineering channels
- Maintain constant contact with carriers personally and by monitoring Archie’s outreach to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements; making 75-100 touch points and calls every day.
- Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 12+ months of transportation/logistics experience
- Team-oriented player
- Ability to thrive under deadlines
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Competitive base salary
- Equity grant, so each person in the company is rewarded and feels a sense of ownership as the company grows
- 401k plan available with a variety of investment options
- CoLane covers 75% of team member’s medical, dental and vision insurance premiums
- Delicious snacks and beverages provided by CoLane
- Weekly team lunches sponsored by CoLane
Family & Vacation
- Paid family leave and flexible work from home upon returning from leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks paid time off per year
- Ventra pre-tax benefit program
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Monthly team events outside of the office
- Weekly all hands meetings
Commitment to Diversity:
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds