We are building a company at the intersection of tech and logistics; creating a high achieving, thoughtful, inclusive, and people-centric culture. We're a group of passionate professionals with backgrounds across supply chain, logistics, bots, product, and engineering.
Working together, we are creating a better transportation experience for our Team, Carriers, and Customers. We have a loft space in Fulton Market
that is built around collaboration and openness. It is also dog friendly and has a meditation room!
CoLane (formerly Fraight AI
) is a workflow automation company disguised as a freight brokerage. We’re automating the $300B Contract Truckload Freight Market with a Human + Machine, tech-enabled services approach.
We're building Archie (our AI bot) to be able to automate 80% of the boring, routine tasks that are critical to the life of a freight broker, allowing our team to deliver quality and consistency while focusing on problems only people can solve.
We are seeking a team member experienced in lead generation and business development.
This is an opportunity to tangibly shape the future of a company and of an industry. Like any adventure it takes a comfort with ambiguity and an incredible amount of hard work, and you get to do it with a team of people working in the same direction who enjoy working together.
About the Job:
You will be the driver behind bringing in new sales and developing enterprise account leads at CoLane. As an essential member of our sales team, you will report directly to the COO. You will work very closely with the Director of Transportation and side by side with our Operations team.
- Source opportunities (specifically enterprise shippers), qualify leads & develop business continuously. You will use phone, email, LinkedIn, conferences, etc.
- Be the voice of CoLane to potential clients through positioning, presentations, proposals and as a guide for their buying journey
- Work with the COO, Director of Transportation, and CEO to guide prospects through the sales cycle to close
- Meet and/or exceed new business revenue targets
Be a Voice of the Field
- Manage sales cycles and present the value of our service to appropriate industry contacts
- Responsible for using the company’s CRM software (Pipedrive) to input client interaction insights, key opportunity information and forecast your business on a weekly basis
- Partner with internal colleagues and peers to continuously improve processes, drive innovation and share best practices
- Travel as necessary to develop new opportunities, including representing the company at industry trade shows (up to 20% travel)
Represent the Culture and the Brand of CoLane
- Have an eagerness for learning and a willingness to constantly improve your own performance
- Be a thought leader and a teacher to your clients
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge and insight related to general trends, methodologies, emerging technologies and competitors.
- Competitive base salary
- Equity grant, so each person in the company is rewarded and feels a sense of ownership as the company grows
- 401k plan available with a variety of investment options
- CoLane covers 75% of team member’s medical, dental and vision insurance premiums
- Delicious snacks and beverages provided by CoLane
- Weekly team lunches sponsored by CoLane
Family & Vacation
- Paid family leave and flexible work from home upon returning from leave
- Flexible work from home policy
- 9 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks paid time off per year
- Ventra pre-tax benefit program
- Learning resources (books, subscriptions, etc)
- Solid tools. Fast mac, big monitor, nice headphones
- Monthly team events outside of the office
- Weekly all hands meetings
Commitment to Diversity:
We get it. The demographics of tech companies don’t match up with America. We believe in changing that and we are actively looking for candidates from all backgrounds. We intend to challenge the status quo in tech demographics by introducing innovative recruiting and HR practices that seek out, support, and join individuals from diverse backgrounds