Manages and coordinates all warehouse activities, operations, and staff to ensure conformance to established procedures; implements practices that improve the effectiveness and financial performance of the supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of related experience or equivalent.
- Very Strong inventory control skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all warehouse activities in support of shipping, receiving and inventory control operations.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains strict inventory control.
- Ensures accurate and timely shipments and receipts.
- Enforces established safety guidelines; promotes a safe workplace.
- Maintains accurate records and metrics; audits as necessary.
- Oversee the process of returned, rejected, and obsolete parts.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops warehouse staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors the quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.