The Billing Clerk is responsible for creating accurate & timely invoices for customers, utilizing various platforms to extract the necessary data. This person plays an integral role in the revenue capture process, developing relationships with ShipCalm customers - resolving billing discrepancies and ensuring that our accounts are correct. This person will also administer the collections process and work with ShipCalm’s customer success team to initiate shipping holds when necessary.
Major Goals & Responsibilities
- Accurate & timely invoices for customers
- Capture revenue from outstanding invoices
- Process FBA invoices
- Maintain accounting department customer files and records.
- Research problem invoices; interface with customers, customer success team, and other appropriate staff to reconcile.
- Provide backup support to customers for billed invoices
- Review customers signed contracts for billing purposes
- If applicable - set up customer monthly recurring invoices
- Compare actual operational costs with monthly fees
- Enter payables that are re-billable to customers and ensure that those payables get billed
- Invoice freight accounts weekly; FedEx, UPS, Stamps, LTL costs
- Invoice FBA shipment charges daily
- Enter ACH/CC information to customer account setup, and process those payments
- Review monthly pallet storage information for billing
- Perform general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, typing, and mailing.
- Make collection emails and phone calls
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Acute attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.