The Director of Finance has functional responsibility for the accounting functions and financial operations for the entire company; including but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing & payroll, journal entries; general ledger maintenance; taxes; month and year-end duties; and supervision & training of billing clerks. This role will direct, manage and oversee the company’s overall financial and accounting planning and practices, providing analysis and recommendations on all financial operations. The Director of Finance will define, incorporate and integrate financial controls and revenue capturing into the warehouse operations, and lead and develop effective operations in support of generating revenue, income, and cash flow.
Major Goals & Responsibilities
- Preparation of reports and statistics reflecting assets, liabilities, financial transactions, earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results.
- Develop, Manage and Monitor process and procedure to accurately and efficiently capture information about the transactions and activities of the business.
- Coordinate and perform timely month-end financial reports.
- Accountable for processing and managing the A/R and A/P processes and procedures, and preparing correspondence and documents for implementation and updates associated with Accounting.
- Maintain 6 to 12-month operating cash requirements available to
support business operations and capital needs.
- Lead the management and accountability of operations associates in following procedures, capturing revenue, performing with controlled urgency and meeting operational goals.
- Calendaring of deadlines related to company business taxes, licenses, permits, & A/P payments made to vendors to ensure positive credit status & timely processing, as well as for A/R & collections regarding customers’ accounts & reporting.
- Be a positive cultural influence in doing the job and interacting with the various departments and people at the company and working in alignment with the values of ShipCalm.
- Experience in a senior financial management role partnering with executive staff resulting in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Exact and Professional accounting oversight and financial preparation.
- Exceptional local and regional banking relationships, and experience in managing the banking relationship
- Cash Flow Control, Budgeting, and Analysis