ShipCalm’s key to success has been achieved by building a technical infrastructure that runs modern hardware with a modern software stack. The IT Associate role plays an integral part in maintaining that infrastructure and developing new solutions that align with general technology strategies.
There are many opportunities to create operational efficiencies through the implementation of new technologies which you would be able to spearhead.
You will be reporting directly to the President & CTO of the company and able to grow many skills learning first hand on maintaining networks, computers and warehousing hardware like scanners, automation, etc. In addition, you’d be able to grow your skills around software, website & database development. You will partner with managers and departments to ensure their technology needs are being met and running as efficiently as possible.
This role is critical to the success of ShipCalm as he/she is responsible for providing guidance, strategy, and tactics that ensure that we have the best technology in the industry!
- Develops strategic plans and implements technology to ensure computer capabilities can meet the company’s growth and objectives.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for technology.
- Evaluates technology and recommends enhancements.
- Performs maintenance and upgrades on all workstations, servers, and software.
- Recommends, develops, plans, and purchases hardware and software.
- Supports communications & security systems, LAN, WAN, Phone, Cameras and all users.
- Directs staff in supporting technology issues and needs and works with 3rd Party Software vendors to oversee support requests.
- Enforces policies to maintain data security.
- Provides technology for all departments so goals can be easily achieved.
- Programs website changes and development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness and desire to create a team learning environment and to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company and customers