Directs the activities of employees engaged in warehouse and fulfillment activities including but not limited to training and supervising, maintaining a positive work environment, ensuring compliance with safety standards and established policies and procedures.
- Four years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of production practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises all fulfillment activities performed by employees; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Establishes and maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Monitors and reports daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Reports equipment problems to appropriate department and production manager.
- Coordinates with quality control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Forecasts staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines employees being supervised; resolves personnel issues.
- Coordinates with the Director of Operations to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, hiring, and training.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports and correspondence.
- Assists the Director of Operations with the development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by employees.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Maintains safety programs and all required safety training for employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.