Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible
—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, Vogue, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our Shine Premium in-app subscription lets you listen to self-care audio challenges to grow on the go. Our app
was recently named one of the Best of 2018 by Apple.
We have nearly 3M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives. Plus: Research shows that increased use of Shine leads to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
- You live and breathe social media. You’re someone who opens their Twitter or Instagram first thing in the morning (after checking your daily Shine Text, of course).
- You’re deep in Internet culture. You’re the go-to person in the group chat when it comes to explaining the latest memes or hashtags.
- You have an eye for design. You cherish your Instagram grid and are excited to learn what’ll pop with our audience. Oh, and you’ve got some Photoshop experience, too—and have fun experimenting visually through graphic design, photography, and more.
- You’re a connector. You have an excitement about connecting and learning from people all around the world.
- You push beyond the fluff. You're all about exploring the nuances when it comes to how we talk about mental health, wellness, and self-care online.
- You like getting cozy with data. Shine has over 200K followers across our social media platforms, so you’re also not afraid to dive deep into the numbers and use that sweet data to rediscover new, innovative ways of storytelling. Google Analytics excites you, and you can work your way through the many facets of Instagram and Facebook analytics.
How you’ll make an impact:
- 👀 for big picture thinking. You’ll help increase our online footprint by using data to inform strategy on all Shine social media platforms. You’ll also assist in streamline outreach to artists and illustrators for curated, original content—and provide support to marketing team for launches, live coverage, and more.
- It’s all hands on deck. You’ll assist with daily social posts and scheduling and learn all about building editorial calendars for Shine. Plus, you’ll gain experience on how to expand opportunities for new audience members with traffic development opportunities—and learn how to build and maintain relationships with our traffic swap partners.
- Community over everything. As an intern, you’ll get the incredible opportunity for direct user feedback by participating in conversations with users on social platforms and engage in existing community platforms, like managing our Shine Squad on Facebook. You’ll also have the opportunity to influence upcoming community efforts on the app and IRL. Ps. Experience with ZenDesk a plus!
Why you’ll be the perfect fit:
- Our mission matters. The posts you share and the content you create will be a resource to millions of people—that motivates you.
- Background. You have experience managing social media platforms besides your personal account (and your Finsta). Extra bonus if you have writing experience, too.
- You love yourself some community engagement. You’re comfortable responding to users from around the world and using the power of the Internet to connect with people excites you.
- Results. A clear understanding of what success looks like helps you zero in on the most important things. You’re all about those KPIs.
- Mindset. Your work style shines in an early stage environment. You approach tough situations with a solution-oriented mindset and focus on what you can learn from new challenges.
- This is a paid internship at our Manhattan HQ, and we're looking for someone who can start immediately
- You have 1-3 years of work experience
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.