Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Today, with over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Mashable, TechCrunch, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing.
Shine Text takes a unique spin on one timely theme per day, breaking down research-backed solutions to today’s trickiest problems into a relatable conversation
Building on the success of our first product, in December 2017, we expanded our product offering to include daily audio content, via our iOS app — which was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first 6 weeks.
We believe that billions of people miss out on the chance to connect with themselves and others around how they feel, so that they can make better decisions and feel less alone in the human struggle.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
- Experience. 3-5 years of community management experience, ideally in a startup environment.
- Passion. Obsessed with understanding our members and creating the best and most engaging relationship for them with us, and with each other.
- Digitally-minded. You have experience building and scaling digital communities, and take creative approaches to make that happen.
- Building for the future. You challenge the status quo by building a community for where the world is going, versus where it’s always been.
- Media Experience. You understand the nuance of all kinds of media (editorial, audio, social, etc.) and how we can involve and leverage community across all of them.
- Bonus: You’ve built in-app communities before, or have worked with tech teams who have.
What You’ll Do
- Community Strategy. Lead strategy to build and sustain a meaningful community that spans Shine users and Shine supporters (eg. influencers, referrers, and likeminded brands). Identify the platforms and content needed to create an engaged Shine-obsessed member base that will help us grow as a brand, and make the world a more compassionate place.
- Digital Community. Work with the product and tech teams to develop, nurture and productize our online community to create a digital wellbeing destination and club for our members.
- VIP Referral Program. Own the referral program on behalf of the marketing team, and grow and engage our VIP referrers (Shine Squad).
- Social Media. Oversee our social media strategy and work with the editorial team for daily posts.
- IRL Events & Partnerships. Create IRL experiences to engage our community around the country, and work with brand partners to magnify our presence at conferences and industry events.
- Customer Experience. Manage and work with our part-time CX associate to create the most enjoyable customer service experience possible.
- Data. Work closely with the marketing team to create and execute programs that drive real growth and change for the business. Create weekly community reports to distribute to the company.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all