Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible
—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, Vogue, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our Shine Premium in-app subscription lets you listen to self-care audio challenges to grow on the go. Our app
was recently named one of the Best of 2018 by Apple.
We have nearly 3M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives. Plus: Research shows that increased use of Shine leads to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.How you’ll succeed in this role:
- Strategy: Define the data and analytics strategy of Shine. Create the roadmap for data initiatives that support the product, content and marketing teams in their efforts.
- Own the funnel: You'll be the owner and optimizer of Shine's funnel - top to bottom. This is an opp to get hands on experience building and iterating on a business model / building a big revenue and impact generating biz that's informed both by quantitative insights and voice of the user.
- Refine the metrics: Have a deep understanding of the business model and identify the most important metrics for Shine to focus on. Maintain a close eye on our funnel, the KPIs, and their effect on business performance. Give focus to the data gathering and reporting efforts of the team.
- Inform the work of different departments: Make the data we’re collecting actionable. Collaborate with product on the product roadmap. Work with marketing and content team leaders to identify and prioritize opportunities that would drive value to the Shine members and the company.
- Culture: Regularly share insights of data-findings with the entire Shine team. Cultivate a healthy obsession for data within the team.
- Lean Analytics: Whether via A/B tests, regular user interviews or some other method, hypothesize, experiment, learn and iterate our way towards making more data-informed and confident decisions
- Explore: Take deep, exploratory dives into our data. Better understand existing member behavior and uncover new opportunities to tackle.
- Build a team: From the ground up, grow, manage and mentor a team of Analysts, Data Engineers and BI Developers
- Technical Leadership & Vision: Help architect and troubleshoot data architecture and reporting. Lead efforts to bring new tools into the tech stack that would be game-changing for the company.
From in-product recommendations to behavior and revenue forecasting, identify and lead where we should be making more efforts in machine learning.
- 6+ years in an analytics and/or data science role
- 3+ years as a leader of data science/analytics team
- Experience and understanding of how to best utilize a company’s BI tools
- Experience designing and running user interviews
- Knowledge of experimental design and execution
- Strong skills in data extraction and transformation with SQL
- Strong skills in data exploration, analysis and visualization
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.