About UsShine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible
—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, Vogue, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our Shine Premium in-app subscription lets you listen to self-care audio challenges to grow on the go. Our app
was recently named one of the Best of 2018 by Apple.
We have nearly 3M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives. Plus: Research shows that increased use of Shine leads to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
- Experience. You’ve created high-performing visual creative for mission-driven brands (wellness or female-focused a plus). You’re fluent in social advertising. You’ve made a few pieces of content that have gotten major shares.
- Always on the hunt. Your Instagram feed is filled with inspiring content–ranging from visual artists who stand for something to compelling consumer companies that just ‘get it.’ You’re up on the latest memes and would win “most likely to drop the best gif in your company’s Slack channel.”
- You’re that idea person. Your experience in creative strategy makes you that person that everyone wants in a brainstorm because you elevate the conversation through big, innovative, and unique ideas.
- Design-obsessed: You’re a creator through and through. Your design skills are fire and it shows in your portfolio and / or your hobbies. You don’t just love design, you find yourself obsessively thinking about how systems like hospitals, grocery lines, puppy adoption, etc. could be more improved, streamlined processes.
- Passion. You’re looking to build on your experience in digital content and UX to play a major strategic role at a mission-based company that’s making wellbeing more accessible.
- Bonus: copywriting. You love bringing a brand to life through succinct, catchy and unforgettable copy is your own form of poetry. Your copywriting skills have taken a brand campaign to the next level, and been picked up in major lifestyle outlets.
What You’ll Own:
- Creative Assets— Social, Partnerships, Paid Media: Bring the Shine brand to life visually and help us tell the story of our mission, and our impact, to motivate our audience to try Shine. You’ll be responsible for creative assets across media and mediums, and will collaborate with the marketing team to bring these to life (either internally or with partners).
- Content: Work with our content and social teams to create a visually compelling aesthetic for our content and drive deeper engagement with our community. Help us develop shareable content that will reach potential new members.
- Planning: Create a process to efficiently and effectively deliver on creative assets needed by the team.
- Visual Leadership: You’ll work with internal and external partners to ensure that our brand feels cohesive across platforms and that creative will drive our KPIs.
- Research: Investigate what our users love about our existing products, how they can be improved and discover what we aren’t even thinking about yet through user interviews, surveys, and quantitative data.
- Product Design (existing): Enhance Shine’s iOS experience, website and messaging product to drive engagement, retention of free users and conversion of paying users.
- Product Design (new): Champion and shape the creation of new products that make it easier for Shine users to improve their daily wellbeing. We don’t just want you for your amazing design skills, we want to elevate your ideas too.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.