About UsShine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible
—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, Vogue, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our Shine Premium in-app subscription lets you listen to self-care audio challenges to grow on the go. Our app
was recently named one of the Best of 2018 by Apple.
We have nearly 3M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives. Plus: Research shows that increased use of Shine leads to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
As Senior Director of Marketing of Shine, you’ll lead the vision and execution of the most marketing and brand strategies—helping Shine fulfill its mission to provide accessible wellbeing to millions of members across the world.
You approach marketing as a science, obsessing over the full member life cycle, identifying the best value proposition from the first touch, to the most effective engagement strategies for existing premium members.
You love yourself some collaboration, knowing true growth marketing doesn’t exist on ‘one team’ but across, and in partnership with, the entire company.
You connect the dots—mapping quarterly and annual KPIs—to a clear and effective marketing strategy. You break down how the marketing strategy comes to life on a daily basis with clear reporting + tracking.
Clear communication, compassionate feedback, and adaptability are part of who you are. To be the best leader and team member, you have a strong point of view, but you’d rather, test, iterate and learn than try to do things “perfectly” and suffer from failure to launch. Your thoughtful *and* flexible approach result in massive growth and progress for Shine.
You get the job done. And you inspire people to do the same.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop the weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing strategy that results in hitting KPIs.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to generate ideas that become meaningful executions.
- Funnel Management.
- Oversee lead generation across multiple channels: including search engine marketing (paid), search engine optimization (unpaid), social (paid and unpaid), and content partnerships. Investigate and oversee testing of new channels for growth marketing.
- Develop effective strategies for best CAC: LTV ratio
- Develop member engagement + retention messaging strategy (email, in-app, lifecycle marketing, etc.) for retargeting campaigns.
- Marketing Comms
- Define the company and executive narratives—working closely with media + PR agency (in collaboration with the co-founders, and the marketing + content team), through conferences, and other avenues to increase brand equity for Shine.
- Oversee marketing campaigns end-to-end– designing experiments, developing campaign strategy with creative content team, and driving the execution of campaign through to completion.
- Integrate customer feedback, market traction, unique value proposition, etc. for strongest brand positioning.
- Manage, motivate and mentor the marketing team for the most impactful results and professional growth.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, data and content team to hit quarterly KPIs.
- Market Research
- Research + analyze brand awareness, target users, competitive positioning, etc. to inform the best marketing strategies.
Why you’ll be the perfect fit:
- Mission-first. You are mission-driven, have been thoughtful about your career moves and are looking to work at place that drives a big impact along with an exciting bottom line.
- Adaptable. As Shine evolves, you evolve with it—continually encouraging innovation throughout the team. You can work with ambiguity. You understand as a fast growing business, everything isn’t 100% defined all the time; you’re comfortable working with some grey areas.
- Background. you have 8+ years of experience in marketing. Bonus if you’ve scaled an early-stage digital consumer product as part of your experience.
- You love yourself some project management. You’re comfortable, and excel, at managing a few different projects at once. You can self-direct to break out priorities across what’s most important vs. what’s most urgent.
- Results. A clear understanding of what success looks like helps you zero in on the most important things. You feel good when you show results.
- Accountability. You feel accountability to our growth and revenue goals, understanding the major role you play in setting the strategy for success.
- Problems excite you. You’re up for the challenge to help Shine solve the most pressing problems to constantly be improve the best experience for members. Resilient and persistent are some of the words people have used to describe you.
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.