Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible
—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, Vogue, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our Shine Premium in-app subscription lets you listen to self-care audio challenges to grow on the go. Our app
was recently named one of the Best of 2018 by Apple.
We have nearly 3M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives. Plus: Research shows that increased use of Shine leads to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
- Our mission matters to you. Whether it’s because of a personal experience or from being an OG Shine user—our mission to make wellbeing accessible resonates with you, and you’re excited to have that as your North Star.
- You want to make a positive impact. You’re all about noticing the value of your work—beyond clicks and users—and the chance to make a positive difference in someone’s day is what gets you up in the morning.
- You have an editorial background. You have at least 1-2 years experience pitching, writing, and producing stories for the web, and you’re not daunted by a CMS.
- You’re media literate. Whether it’s via Twitter, Feedly, Flipboard—you’re constantly reading and looking for story ideas, especially when it comes to wellness and self-care.
- You push beyond the fluff. You're all about exploring the nuances when it comes to how we talk about mental health, wellness, and self-care online.
- You’re here for our demo. Our audience is primarily millennial women. You’re eager to learn how to create more value for them within our content and explore new channels to reach them.
- You’re a connector. Email is your jam. You’re comfortable building relationships with new partners via email, and you take pride in your efficient response rate.
- You’re creative. You bring a creative eye to all that you do—whether that’s writing a quippy headline or finding the perfect photo to pair with an article. You take pride in the creative process.
- You like getting cozy with data. You’re all about measuring your success and using data to see how things perform and which strategies are worth repeating. KPIs are you BFF.
- You have an ‘I’ll take a whack at it’ attitude: You’re not scared to try something new. You approach tough situations with a solution-oriented mindset and focus on what you can learn from new challenges.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Audience development. You’ll work closely with our Senior Content Strategist to help Shine uncover new channels to reach potential users. What that looks like: building and maintaining relationships with aligned media partners, optimizing Shine across RSS readers, boosting our SEO might, and creating a strategy for any new channels that present an opportunity for us to scale.
- Content production. Using your creative chops, you’ll build out Shine articles for our site, optimizing them for SEO and crafting headlines & selecting photos that make the Shine brand pop.
- Editorial process. We’re a small but mighty editorial team—you’ll help the ship run smoothly by keeping our internal editorial database up to date, documenting and planning weekly pitch meetings, and helping us iterate on our process to make it even more effective & efficient.
- Pitching and writing stories. Your voice and ideas matter. You’ll pitch and write stories regularly, with a focus on what our community is telling us they need help with or want to hear. Plus: You help us with any new content initiatives as we experiment in 2019.
- This is a paid internship at our Manhattan HQ, and we're looking for someone who can start immediately
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.