About UsShine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible
—more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, Vogue, CNN, Glamour, Refinery29, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing. And our Shine Premium in-app subscription lets you listen to self-care audio challenges to grow on the go. Our app
was recently named one of the Best of 2018 by Apple.
We have nearly 3M loyal users in 189 countries, and 99% of our members claim that Shine has had a positive impact on their lives. Plus: Research shows that increased use of Shine leads to a decrease in anxiety and depression.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You’re obsessed with the power of audio to create powerful connections between creator and listener. And knowing you’ll help create content that’s helping listeners with their wellbeing in a more accessible way? Well that gets you next-level fired up.
This is what you do. Audio is a major part of your life. Whether you’re just getting into audio production and a total natural, or you’ve been at it for a few years—you have a mix of audio experience that will help Shine scale production in 2019. Bonus points if that experience involves Adobe Audition.
You can move quickly and thoughtfully. The whole “you thrive in a fast-paced startup environment” line you always see in job descriptions is actually what you’re looking for. We have big ambitions and a lot to get done for our 3M strong global community. The way you approach your work well help us get there: you’re solution oriented, thorough, and thoughtful.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Content QC: Working closely with Shine’s Audio Content Strategist, you’ll play a major role in QC’ing by listening and editing content to ensure its good to go, and on-brand.
- Assist Audio Recordings: Support Audio Content Strategist on any recording needs, like audio set up, script print outs, etc.
- Voice Talent Management: Support on relationship management for voice talent—from outreach to lock in new talent, to scheduling recordings to sending over promo copy when new tracks are live, etc.
- Database Management. Update + manage airtable for smoothest production possible from ideation to execution.
- Audio Launches. Work with product / UX team for all audio graphics needs ahead of launch.
- Pitching “Shine Talk” ideas. Your voice and ideas matter. You’ll pitch Shine Talks—our audio tracks that live in-app—with a focus on what our community is telling us they need help with or want to hear. Plus: you help us with any new audio initiatives as we experiment in 2019.
- This is a paid internship at our Manhattan HQ, and we're looking for someone who can start immediately
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all
We strive to bring diversity and inclusivity in everything we create. And that starts from building a team of creators from a wide range of backgrounds. We encourage all to apply! Shine is an equal opportunity employer.