Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible— more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Today, with over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Mashable, TechCrunch, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing.
Shine Text takes a unique spin on one timely theme per day, breaking down research-backed solutions to today’s trickiest problems into a relatable conversation
Building on the success of our first product, in December 2017, we expanded our product offering to include daily audio content, via our iOS app — which was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first 6 weeks.
We believe that billions of people miss out on the chance to connect with themselves and others around how they feel, so that they can make better decisions and feel less alone in the human struggle.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You’re obsessed with the power of content to build connection, helping people feel less alone in their experiences and struggles.
You create content in your day job or side hustle that elevates the experiences, points of views, or learnings of millennial women. You maximize your commute by listening to your favorite podcast or reading your favorite blog. You’re the friend that’s always talking about the latest episode or new podcast to check out.
You get frustrated by basic content that doesn’t speak to the nuance, range, or realness of what it means to be a millennial woman in 2018. You’re looking for a place where you can create a totally new style of content that disrupts the wellbeing industry and leaves your mark on the world.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Writing Audio Content
- Audio Track Creation. Draft scripts for ongoing ‘Shine Talk’ audio tracks—playing a key role in scaling the amount of new tracks that are featured weekly in the Shine app.
- Identifying Track Themes. Work closely with content team on strategy for in-app content—identifying what themes, situations and feelings to address for Shine Talks (in-app audio tracks). Use data to assess what’s working and what’s not to optimize track engagement and iterate on the existing template.
- Contributor Management. Work closely with existing content team to manage contributor network of audio writers–managing for quality control and brand alignment.
- New Content Types. Pitching new content types based on user feedback, and insight on how we can best support our target audience.
- Solidifying Shine’s Brand. Support existing content team with ongoing recommendations for how Shine’s audio stands out and improves (ex: ideas for fine-tuning our sound profile).
- Data-Informed Decisions. For all content, using data for full circle process. Analyze data to ideate new ideas for audio tracks, execute, review performance and then improve.
Why you’ll be the perfect fit:
- Our mission matters. The words you write and the content you create will be a wellbeing resource to millions of people; that motivates you.
- Background. you have 2+ years of experience writing digital content. Extra bonus if you have experience writing for audio.
- You love yourself some project management. You’re comfortable, and excel, at managing a few different projects at once. You can self-direct to break out priorities across what’s most important vs. what’s most urgent.
- Results. A clear understanding of what success looks like helps you zero in on the most important things. You feel good when you show results.
- Mindset. Your approach to work thrives in an early stage environment. You approach tough situations with a solution-oriented mindset, and focus on what you can learn from new challenges.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all