Shine is on a mission to make wellbeing accessible— more representative, easier, and more connected than it’s ever been.
Today, with over 2M loyal users in 189 countries, our first product, Shine Text (covered on the TODAY show, CNN, Glamour, Mashable, TechCrunch, and more), is a free daily text experience that makes it easy to notice and improve your wellbeing.
Shine Text takes a unique spin on one timely theme per day, breaking down research-backed solutions to today’s trickiest problems into a relatable conversation
Building on the success of our first product, in December 2017, we expanded our product offering to include daily audio content, via our iOS app — which was the App of the Day in the App Store in its first 6 weeks.
We believe that billions of people miss out on the chance to connect with themselves and others around how they feel, so that they can make better decisions and feel less alone in the human struggle.
Our team is awesome. Our community is incredible. Our movement is massive. And this is just the beginning.
You’re obsessed with the power of audio to build connection, helping people feel less alone in their experiences and struggles.
You produce content in your day job or side hustle that elevates the experiences, points of views, or learnings of millennial women. You maximize your commute by listening to your favorite podcast, or reading your favorite blog. You’re the friend that’s always talking about the latest episode or new podcast to check out.
You get frustrated by basic content that doesn’t speak to the nuance, range or realness of what it means to be a millennial woman in 2018. You’re looking for a place where you can create a totally new style of audio content that disrupts the wellbeing industry and leaves your mark on the world.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Recording Logistics. Manage logistics to produce audio content—coordinating with voice artists, and booking audio engineers for voice recordings.
- Script Editing: Support the editing process on track scripts to ensure brand consistency and impact.
- Budget management. Optimize monthly production budget—making recommendations on how to make the biggest impact and ship the highest amount of quality tracks, within budget.
- Voice Directing. Directing talent in recordings to align with the Shine voice, and emphasize the goal of each Shine Talk (e.g. calming, supportive, motivating, etc.).
- QC process. Lead feedback and QC process for all Shine Talk tracks—working closely with audio editors on track feedback.
- Launch planning. Work closely with product and content team for weekly roll outs of new content in-app.
- Extra bonus: Audio Editing: Support existing network of audio editors with timely audio editing help when needed.
- Talent Management
- Talent sourcing: Sourcing talent for Shine Talk recordings.
- Talent onboarding: Train voice talent pre-recording, onboarding them to the Shine voice and giving purposeful feedback to maximize studio time.
Why you’ll be the perfect fit:
- Our mission matters. Your production experience will further our mission to make wellbeing resource to millions of people; that motivates you.
- Background. you have 2+ years of experience producing audio content.
- You love yourself some project management. You’re comfortable, and excel, at managing a few different projects at once. You can self-direct to break out priorities across what’s most important vs. what’s most urgent.
- Results. A clear understanding of what success looks like helps you zero in on the most important things. You feel good when you show results.
- Mindset. Your approach to work thrives in an early stage environment. You approach tough situations with a solution-oriented mindset, and focus on what you can learn from new challenges.
- Free healthcare! Yep, we cover Medical, Vision & Dental 100%
- Unlimited vacation, that we actually want you to use
- Quarterly performance reviews to help you continue to grow professionally and support you in your goals
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Bimonthly game nights (aka “Codenames” night)
- Stand up for something. Literally — we'll give you a standing desk on your first day
- The chance to be part of a welcoming, kind, brilliant team who gets up every morning with the mission of making wellbeing accessible to all