Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find careers they love. We use technology to match great people to partner organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified servicemembers during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city.
The Partner Success team collaborates closely with HR leaders, hiring managers and recruiters at both fast-growing and enterprise organizations to understand their unique requirements and recommend the best candidates from our pipeline. Each company has a dedicated Partner Success Manager to provide support on how to successfully implement the program within their organization, interview and select candidates, and convert fellows to full-time employees post fellowship.
Partner Success is in lockstep with our Talent Development team who work directly with our candidates to prepare them for success in their fellowship and in the civilian world. From career coaching to on-the-job support, this team ensures that every candidate and fellow are ready to make the transition to careers they love. Once candidates have completed their initial Talent Development coaching sessions, they are ready to be matched to a host company by Partner Success and begin their fellowship.
Initially reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for nurturing partner relationships, matching candidates to companies, and identifying upsell opportunities to generate additional demand for fellowships. This is a great opportunity to join an early stage company with high-growth potential and to drive diversity and inclusion efforts in job markets across the country.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Partner Engagement: Develop and nurture authentic relationships with our partner companies and advise on best practices for recruiting talent from the Shift Fellows Program. These initiatives are expected to increase employment outcomes for Shift fellows, drive high employer satisfaction, and create a positive and energetic environment for our partner companies.
- Tracking Success: This includes overseeing the invoicing process for contracted revenue, resolving past due accounts, and ensuring that thorough records of partner interactions are maintained in the CRM.
- Relationship Management: Network with partner company leaders on and off-grounds to deepen relationships, stay current on business needs, and assess Shift’s brand image among our partners. Strategically engage partners to understand their goals and develop a plan to successfully grow the Fellows Program within their organization. Leverage client surveys and feedback to refine existing partner management processes and identify strategies that will allow us to more effectively serve our partners.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work closely with the Talent Development and Talent Operations teams to fully understand our fellows’ profiles to effectively place them at partner companies. Collaborate closely with the Shift Sales team to ensure new partner companies are properly onboarded and prepared to welcome fellows.
- 3+ years experience in customer success and/or account management
- Ability to travel approximately one week per month
- Experience working with HR leaders and recruiting organizations a plus
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- Passionate about our mission to enable high-contrast career shifts for military veterans
- Passionate about improving diversity & inclusion across industries
- BA/BS preferred
- Strong connection to the Military a plus
Perks & Benefits
Shift is located in the heart of downtown Berkeley, one block from BART and across the street from UC Berkeley.
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.