Shift.org is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find jobs they love. We use technology to match great people to organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for roles that utilize their unique military experiences and handles the logistics of getting them situated in a new a city and industry.
Talent Developers play a critical role in the success of our military fellows. They serve as career coaches, guiding our fellows through a process of clarifying skills, interests, and values; gaining a stronger understanding of the civilian work landscape; and determining best-fit entry points within Shift's network of partner companies. Talent Developers also work with fellows to enhance their candidacy and overall potential for success as it relates to resume development, online brand presence, interviewing, networking, and offer negotiation strategies.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Coach: Act as a dedicated career coach to military fellows, providing guidance and support leading up to and throughout the fellowship experience. Educate our fellows on key skills needed to successfully transition into a civilian work environment. This includes everything from resume creation, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation, networking, offer management, and on the job success strategies.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Partner Success (who manage relationships with our partner companies) to prepare fellows to be matched to opportunities with our partners based on interest and skill alignment.
- Track: Report progress of fellows while they are onsite at companies and elevate potential issues if a fellow isn’t doing well, potential for conversion to full-time employment is unknown, or when additional follow up with our partner companies might be needed.
- Celebrate: Share in our fellows success when they ultimately land full-time roles at exciting companies!
- Previous recruiting or counseling/coaching experience
- A positive, inspiring, and high-energy approach to coaching and development
- Demonstrated knowledge of common recruiting practices and hiring trends
- Awareness of tech job market and breadth of opportunities is a plus
- Experience using technology to educate in the area of career development
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop trusted relationships
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- Startup experience preferred
- BA/BS preferred
- Salary will be commensurate with years of coaching and/or recruiting experience
Perks & Benefits
Shift is located in the heart of downtown Berkeley, one block from BART and across the street from UC Berkeley.
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.