Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find jobs they love. We use technology to match great people to organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role.
The Talent Development Lead will play a critical role in the success of our military fellows. They will help create and own the ongoing roadmap for all of our learning and development initiatives. They will create and establish content, curriculum and processes that our talent strategists can use to serve as career coaches, guiding our fellows through a process of clarifying skills, interests, and values; gaining a stronger understanding of the civilian work landscape; and determining best-fit entry points within Shift's network of partner companies. Additionally, you will build out learning tracks for our military fellows pre-fellowship and during their fellowship based on skills acquisition needed.
You will also work closely with our Head of Talent Strategy and product and engineering teams to help productize our talent development function within our platform. As we grow, this function needs to scale through technology and we will need a change maker who can strategize and build L&D initiatives through a technology lens.
In this role, you will report directly into our Head of Talent Strategy, working with a team of world changers who are on a mission to connect veterans to jobs they love. We are looking for candidates who are equally passionate about our mission, inspire others to be great through L&D initiatives and who are looking for an opportunity to join an early stage company with high-growth potential. If you are ready to change the lives of men and women who have served our country and do work that truly matters, please read on because we want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do
- Collaborate: Work closely with Talent Ops and Talent Strategy to understand the skills that our military fellows are bringing in and the skills acquisition needed not just in their fellowship, but long term.
- L&D Roadmap: Build a roadmap of learning tracks, processes and curriculum that will help our fellows acquire additional skills to be successful in civilian life.
- External partnerships: Source and build external partnerships that we can leverage for skills acquisition and integrate their developed content and curriculum into our talent development offerings.
- Train: Work alongside our Head of Talent Strategy to make sure Talent Strategists are properly executing and coaching our fellows against our talent development roadmap.
- Coach: In special cases when our Talent Strategists aren’t equipped or don’t have the bandwidth, act as a dedicated career coach to military fellows, providing guidance and support leading up to and throughout the fellowship experience. Educate our fellows on key skills needed to successfully transition into a civilian work environment. This includes everything from resume creation, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation, networking, offer management, and on the job success strategies.
- Teach and Present: Help our cohorts of fellows be successful by producing content and presenting live when needed.
- Product: Work closely with product and engineering to help productize our talent development offerings so we can continue to scale our fellowship program.
- Help grow and manage our Talent Development team over time.
- Celebrate: Share in our fellows’ success when they ultimately land full-time roles at exciting companies!
- Previous talent development experience required in a L&D or coaching role
- Experience sourcing and creating evidence based learning content, curriculum and processes for L&D initiatives
- Experience working with learning management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of common recruiting practices and hiring trends is a huge plus
- Experience using technology to educate in the area of career development
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop trusted relationships
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- Startup experience preferred
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.