Shift.org is a mission-driven talent development company powering high-contrast career shifts. We’re building focused, meaningful solutions to improve career happiness outcomes. We use modern technology and infrastructure in a product-driven process to enable rapid prototyping, user testing and iteration at the beginning of the product life cycle, and strong automation tools for confident deployments at the end.
Things you would help work on include
- An engaging, sticky onboarding flow that can change a person's career arc.
- A comprehensive in-house platform that enables our talent developers to place more people in a role that they are best suited for.
- Algorithms and data processing layers that help enhance the intelligence we apply to make matches.
You will be primarily responsible for the web properties and platforms at Shift. Right now, this means our website including the customer facing experience for military candidates and employers, and the admin dashboard that our ops team uses to manage and interact with candidates. You'll be working with a modern frontend stack to build useable and beautiful interfaces, with a chance to build on top of world-class branding guidelines and design on one side and to have a role defining and building the data layer needed for future data-assisted portions of the product. You'll be a core member of our product-driven team, building software that will have a huge impact on Shift's ability to grow and help more people make meaningful career changes.
Some things you should be passionate about
- Composable, component based design systems. We love portable styles and isolate scopes.
- Rapid iteration and including user testing as part of your workflow.
- Transparency. We push the code not because it's ready, but because we’ve written it. That way we can course correct and learn from each other earlier.
- Closing the gap between Vision and Testing. We're always looking for tools that shorten the path from design to implementation.
- Deploying with confidence. Testing, strongly-typed interfaces, thorough documentation and immutable CI/CD pipelines help us ship faster and better.
- Having a product voice. We expect everyone to contribute ideas and insights where it matters most.
Kubernetes on AWS
Perks & Benefits
Shift is located in the heart of downtown Berkeley, one block from BART and across the street from UC Berkeley.
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.