Shift is a mission-driven talent development company powering successful career changes. We’re building educational and operational journeys for our users to improve their career happiness outcomes.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role.
Our products include an educational online portal to guide users through the career transition process, an internal dashboard for our talent strategists to best match users to roles, and a data-driven platform to make career-change experiences more personalized.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you’ll own the overall look of our user touchpoints and product interfaces, from webpages, to asset generation, and marketing campaigns.
You’ll report directly to the Head of Product and work closely with the engineering team.
This is your opportunity to make an impact at an early stage company with high-growth potential and define the visual language for our product which supports diversity and inclusion in job markets across the country.
What You'll Do
- Create and own the visual design process, evolve our style guide, and build design systems.
- Design elegant user interfaces that solve the problems of our customers while balancing the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and our internal / external customers to sketch, wireframe, and prototype visual solutions from ideation to production.
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our product UIs are perfectly implemented.
- Art direction across all your owned projects.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of design experience at product-driven companies.
- Very strong visual design sense across web and print, including: layout, composition, typography, and color.
- Experience with Sketch or Figma for UI design and Photoshop / Illustrator (or similar) for brand assets.
- Strong portfolio of work that includes shipping products from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with other designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Open to proactively receiving continual feedback and adjusting work as necessary.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process.
- Can break down and self manage your own tasks.
- Comfortable translating your designs to HTML/CSS.
- Strong user experience / interaction design, including prototyping and user testing.
- Experience with InVision, Balsamiq, Adobe XD, or related tools for UX design.
- Experience collaborating with marketing and interest in driving design direction of marketing websites and assets.
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
To Apply: Please upload your portfolio in the Cover Letter field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.