Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find jobs they love. We use technology to match great people to organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role they love.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing early-stage company as our first Office Manager. Initially reporting to the Business Operations Lead, you will be key in creating an inclusive and welcoming office. You will keep a smooth running office and be a true promoter of Shift’s mission and values. With your help, all Shift employees will have an engaging, meaningful work experience.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Serve as the main point of contact for visitors and employees on all office and IT related matters
- You will be the front of house and cultural ambassador for Shift
- Promote and support a positive environment
- Own the condition of the office at all times, making sure it is always tidy, professional, presentable and clutter-free
- Order office supplies and other office equipment as necessary
- Partner with operations lead to define and maintain office policies and procedures
- Help develop safety and emergency preparedness program
- Work with People Ops to ensure a flawless onboarding experience for new team members
- Coordinate internal company events, happy hours, and outings
- Collaborate with team on external events where duties may include ordering swag and catering
- Prior office management experience a plus
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills balanced with the flexibility to meet the demands of a startup environment
- Highly organized with the ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with office IT equipment, including troubleshooting television, computer, internet, and printer issues. You are tech-savvy!
- Computer skills: strong familiarity with Apple software and hardware, Google docs, including Google calendar and Google sheets
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.