Talent Operations Lead
Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find careers they love. We use technology to match great people to partner organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role.
The Talent Ops team is the “top of funnel” for candidates into our military veterans program at Shift. This team is responsible for attracting, engaging with and getting our candidates qualified through the military for a Shift fellowship during the last few months of their active military service. This team is our first touch point for potential military fellows and we are looking for a rockstar in talent acquisition or growth to help us refine our current processes.
As the lead of this team, you will work closely with our Military Outreach Manager, Candidate Support Manager and Head of Talent Strategy to define and own the execution of an outreach and talent attraction strategy that acquires well qualified military men and women for our fellowship programs. You will manage marketing campaigns, set strategy for military outreach, establish goals and regularly report on progress.
In this role, you will report directly into our Head of Talent Strategy, working with a team of world changers who are on a mission to connect veterans to jobs they love. We are looking for candidates who are equally passionate about our mission, extremely quantitative in their approaches and who are looking for an opportunity to join an early stage company with high-growth potential. If you are ready to help change the lives of men and women who have served our country and do work that truly matters, please read on because we want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Candidate Acquisition: Create a diverse candidate acquisition strategy that is measurable, transparent and effective over time
- Military Outreach: Create and nurture deep relationships with key military personnel at targeted bases. Create and own an outreach strategy that is cost effective, scales and that educates and excites active military on Shift Fellowships
- Outreach Collateral: Create messaging and content that attracts and excites potential military fellows to apply for our program
- Social: Manage and frequently update all of our social media touch points
- Measure and Track: Be extremely quantitative in your approach and regularly report on success of campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate: Work closely with Talent Strategy and Sales to understand what roles our partner organizations want to place fellows into and build that knowledge into your acquisition strategy
- Approvals: Help potential fellows get through the approval process as quickly as possible by understanding barriers both externally and internally
- Celebrate: Share in our fellows success when they ultimately land full-time roles at exciting companies!
- 3+ years experience in a talent acquisition or user growth role focused on top of funnel acquisition
- Experience working with the military is a huge plus, but not necessary!
- Creative mind who can create compelling messaging and content for talent attraction
- Extremely metrics driven; able to craft narratives through data
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Experience building employer brands, candidate acquisition or user acquisition strategies
- Work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- Can travel up to 10% of the time
- Passionate about our mission to enable high-contrast career shifts for military veterans
- Passionate about improving diversity & inclusion across industries
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.