Business Development Representative at Shift
Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find jobs they love. We use technology to match great people to organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role they love.
We are hiring exceptional Business Development Representatives to join our growing Partnerships team! BDRs at Shift are on the front lines of our business and are responsible for igniting relationships that deliver unique employment opportunities for our Military Fellows. You’ll be selling our Military Fellows Program to HR and D&I leaders in major metropolitan job markets across the country, and passing qualified leads over to our Partnerships team.
If you want to pursue a career in sales, marketing or partnerships, this is a unique opportunity to join a mission-driven startup with high-growth career potential. We are aggressively building our Partnerships team in SF and are looking for teammates with diverse backgrounds and experience, and growth mindsets. On-Target Earnings for this role starts at $80K, comprised of a $50K/$30K base/variable compensation split with an uncapped variable component and competitive benefits.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Find, prospect, nurture and qualify new leads through outbound prospecting via emails, calls, and various campaigns
- Deliver a crisp, clear and compelling overview of the Military Fellows Program to potential partners, and understand what their motivations are for hiring veterans
- Generate and manage sales pipeline and reporting for the Partnerships team
- Research prospects and their companies to empower yourself and the sales team
- Maintain high call and email volumes with precision follow-up
- Maintain our CRM to manage sales funnel
- Partner closely with our Partnerships and Talent Strategy teams
- 1+ years of experience in a sales/business development role, or strong desire to learn on the job
- Empathy for partners and fellows, and passion for our mission
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates will have experience working in rapidly-changing environments and adapting and contributing to an evolving sales processes
- Demonstrated ability to consistently set and exceed stretch sales targets
- Coachable and excited about learning
- Experience with Salesforce and other productivity tools preferred
- Strong connection to the military, preferred
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.