Shift is a mission-driven talent development company powering successful career changes. We’re building educational and operational journeys for our users to improve their career happiness outcomes.
Our products include an educational online portal to guide users through the career transition process, an internal dashboard for our talent strategists to best match users to roles, and a data-driven platform to make career-change experiences more personalized.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll own and manage talent-focused products that help our users make career changes. You’ll identify and prioritize high-impact work by collaborating with colleagues, gathering insights from stakeholders, and testing prototypes through to production.
You will report directly to the CEO and work with the engineering and design teams to build innovative, user-experience driven products for our customers that enable internal teams to efficiently scale the business.
This is your opportunity to make an impact at an early stage company with high-growth potential and build products that support diversity and inclusion in job markets across the country.
What You’ll Do
- Own the roadmap for our career transition platform, driving cross-functional execution and reliably deliver products and features.
- Build product plans, prototypes, and specifications with a high attention to detail.
- Use metrics to inform product decisions, iterate, and drive measurable results.
- Research stakeholder needs, competitive market solutions, and new business opportunities.
- Own the success or failure of the product team's work.
What You Bring To The Product Team
- Design thinking: you’re passionate about user-driven product design decisions and creating simple but elegant user interfaces.
- Technical fluency: you have an understanding of complex web application architecture and enjoy meeting engineers at their level to make intelligent, technical tradeoffs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills: you believe that living product requirement documents should be clear, concise, and understood by all stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re self-driven, able to prioritize among competing tasks based on latest data, and always identifying new opportunities while measuring their potential impact.
- Details: you meticulously cover everything, from breaking down robust feature specs to chasing down nitty-gritty dependencies across complex projects.
- Front-line obsession: you should be comfortable gathering data from stakeholders through interviews, shadowing, user testing and other creative methods you may have picked up over the years.
- Dedication to users: you know that the product is only as valuable as its users think it is. You don’t rest easy until you’ve understood and satisfied every question and inspired adoption that has measurable success stories.
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.