Shift is a mission-driven talent development company helping veterans find careers they love. We use technology to match great people to partner organizations through immersive fellowship programs leading to high-contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role.
The Talent Strategy team collaborates closely with both fellows and partners. As a Talent Strategist at Shift, you will have the amazing opportunity to act as part coach, part recruiter and part account manager. You will champion fellows through our talent development process and through their fellowship with our partnering organizations. Equally, you will work closely with HR leaders, hiring managers and recruiters at both fast-growing and enterprise organizations to understand their unique requirements and recommend the best candidates from our pipeline to help diversify their cultures. Each company has a dedicated Talent Strategist to provide support on how to successfully implement the program within their organization, interview and select candidates, and convert fellows to full-time employees post fellowship.
Talent Strategists play a critical role in the success of our military fellows. They serve as career coaches, guiding our fellows through a process of clarifying skills, interests, and values; gaining a stronger understanding of the civilian work landscape; and determining best-fit entry points within Shift's network of partner companies. Talent Strategists also work with fellows to enhance their candidacy and overall potential for success as it relates to resume development, online brand presence, interviewing, networking, and offer negotiation strategies.
In this role, you will report directly into our Head of Talent Strategy, working with a team of world changers who are on a mission to connect veterans to jobs they love. We are looking for candidates who are equally passionate about our mission, crazy customer centric and who are looking for an opportunity to join an early stage company with high-growth potential. From career coaching to on-the-job support, this team ensures that every candidate and fellow are ready to make the transition to careers they will thrive in. If you are ready to change the lives of men and women who have served our country, help diversify and work with amazing organizations and cultures and do work that truly matters, please read on because we want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Partner Engagement: Develop and nurture authentic relationships with our partner companies and advise on best practices for recruiting talent from the Shift Fellows Program. These initiatives are expected to increase employment outcomes for Shift fellows, drive high employer satisfaction, and create a positive and energetic environment for our partner companies.
- Build: Immersive work experiences leading to full-time employment is a new way to change careers. We are learning something new every day and looking for someone ready to build, creatively problem solve and suggest and implement process improvements.
- Relationship Management: Network with partner company leaders on and off-grounds to deepen relationships, stay current on business needs, and assess Shift’s brand image among our partners. Strategically engage partners to understand their goals and develop a plan to successfully grow the Fellows Program within their organization. Leverage client surveys and feedback to refine existing partner management processes and identify strategies that will allow us to more effectively serve our partners.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work closely with talent operations and sales to fully understand and strategize on our candidate pipeline as well as our talent development processes and offerings.
- Coach: Act as a dedicated career coach to military fellows, providing guidance and support leading up to and throughout the fellowship experience. Educate our fellows on key skills needed to successfully transition into a civilian work environment. This includes everything from resume creation, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation, networking, offer management, and on the job success strategies.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our product and engineering to help add insight into our technology as we scale our platform
- Track: Report progress of fellows while they are onsite at companies and elevate potential issues if a fellow isn’t doing well, potential for conversion to full-time employment is unknown, or when additional follow up with our partner companies might be needed.
- Celebrate: Share in our fellows success when they ultimately land full-time roles at exciting companies!
- 3+ years experience in recruiting, customer success, coaching or account management
- Experience working with HR leaders and recruiting organizations a plus
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- A positive, inspiring, and high-energy approach to both fellows and partners
- Can travel up to 15% of the time
- Excited to help partner companies develop and implement veteran hiring initiatives
- Motivated to grow as a thought leader for veteran and diversity hiring
- Strong connection to military community a huge plus, but not necessary!
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.