Shift is a mission-driven career change and talent development company helping veterans find careers they deserve and love. We match great people to partner organizations through immersive fellowships and direct placements. Through upskilling, skills translation, career coaching and access to opportunities we power high contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role they love.
Talent Strategists play a critical role in the success of military candidates and partner companies. They serve as coaches, guiding our fellows through a process of clarifying skills, interests, and values; gaining a stronger understanding of the civilian work landscape; and determining best-fit entry points within Shift's network of partner companies.
Additionally, Talent Strategists provide essential support and strategic advising to Shift partners companies who are standing-up or expanding veteran hiring initiatives. They are thought leaders in non-traditional hiring, they are active listeners and educators. Talent Strategists are comfortable working closely with talent acquisition teams, diversity and inclusion program managers, heads of people and executive teams.
Above all, Talent Strategists empathize with partners, think on their feet and will creatively modify their approach to ensure expected outcomes are met.
In this role, you will report directly into our Head of Talent Strategy, working with a team of world-changers who are on a mission to connect great veterans to incredible careers in partner companies around the US. We are looking for candidates who are equally passionate about our mission, crazy customer-centric and who are looking for an opportunity to join an early-stage company with high-growth potential. If you are ready to change the lives of those who have served our country, help diversify and work with amazing organizations and cultures, and do work that truly matters, please read on because we want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Partner Engagement: Develop and nurture authentic relationships with our partner companies and advise on best practices for recruiting talent from the Shift Fellows Program. These initiatives are expected to increase employment outcomes for Shift candidates, drive high employer satisfaction, and create a positive and energetic environment for our partner companies.
- Build: Immersive work experiences leading to full-time employment is a new way to change careers. We are learning something new every day and looking for someone ready to build, creatively problem solve and suggest and implement process improvements.
- Relationship Management: Network with partner company leaders on and off-grounds to deepen relationships, stay current on business needs, and assess Shift’s brand image among our partners. Strategically engage partners to understand their goals and develop a plan to successfully grow the military hiring program within their organization. Leverage client surveys and feedback to refine existing partner management processes and identify strategies that will allow us to more effectively serve our partners.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work closely with talent operations, talent development, sales, and product to fully understand and strategize on our candidate pipeline.
- Support: Provide candidate support and guidance leading up to and throughout the fellowship and hiring experience. Educate military and veteran candidates on key skills needed to successfully transition into a civilian work environment.
- Track: Report progress of fellows while they are onsite at companies and elevate potential issues if a fellow isn’t doing well, the potential for conversion to full-time employment is unknown, or when additional follow up with our partner companies might be needed.
- Celebrate: Share in our candidates' success when they ultimately land full-time roles at exciting companies!
- Experience working with HR leaders and recruiting organizations a plus
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- A positive, inspiring, and high-energy approach to both fellows and partners
- Can travel up to 15% of the time
- Excited to help partner companies develop and implement veteran hiring initiatives
- Motivated to grow as a thought leader for veteran and diversity hiring
- Strong connection to the military community a huge plus, but not necessary!
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.