Talent Program Manager
Shift is a mission-driven career change and talent development company helping veterans find careers they deserve and love. We match great people to partner organizations through immersive fellowships and direct placements. Through upskilling, skills translation, career coaching and access to opportunities we power high contrast career shifts. We are backed by terrific investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Structure Capital, Expa, BoxGroup, PeopleTech Partners and Tim Ferriss.
Discover. Transform. Grow.
Our Military Fellows Program is a 3-month fellowship for qualified service members during their final months of active duty service. Shift prepares candidates for fellowships that utilize their unique military experiences and facilitates the logistics of getting them situated in a new city and industry, with the goal of converting them into a full-time role they love.
As the Talent Program Manager at Shift, you will work very closely with soon-to-be veterans and veterans championing them through our talent development process that prepares them for their transition into civilian work life. You will have the rewarding responsibility of coaching candidates through the process. You will also be part operationalist and part strategist to the business. On the candidate side, your responsibilities will involve assisting candidates with questions, directing them through our process, assisting them with their resume, and conducting interview practice. Internally, you will step back and see the big picture to constantly be offering solutions to refine and streamline our processes.
You will collaborate closely with the three functions within the talent team: talent operations, talent development, and talent strategy, to make sure that we are doing everything possible to offer a highly valuable service to our candidates. Your role plays a critical function on our team and our overall mission of helping veterans find jobs they love.
In this role, you will report directly into our Head of Talent Strategy, working with a team of world-changers who are on a mission to connect veterans to jobs they love. We are looking for candidates who are equally passionate about our mission, crazy candidate-centric and who are looking for an opportunity to join an early-stage company with high-growth potential. From collaborating with candidates through our process to being a voice for change internally, this team ensures that every candidate is ready to make the transition to careers they will thrive in. If you are ready to change the lives of those who have served our country and do work that truly matters, please read on because we want to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Execute: Be obsessed with the successful execution of getting candidates through our process. You are THEIR GO-TO resource for success and you don’t take the task lightly.
- Challenge, Ideate, and Build: Constantly be measuring and observing what’s working and what’s not. You own the outcome and when the process can be refined or streamlined, you call it out, collaborate and create the change that needs to happen.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work closely with teams across the company to fully understand and strategize on our candidate pipeline as well as our talent development processes and offerings.
- Coach: Act as a dedicated coach to our candidates, providing guidance and support through the talent development process. When needed, supplement our training program with one on one meetings educating our fellows on key skills needed to successfully transition into a civilian work environment. This includes everything from resume creation, LinkedIn profile development, interview preparation, networking, and other additional strategies to make them successful.
- Collaborate: Work closely with our product and engineering teams to help add insight into our technology as we scale our platform
- Track: Report progress of fellows while they are in the talent development process and elevate potential issues if a fellow isn’t doing well.
- Celebrate: Share in our fellows' success when they ultimately land full-time roles at exciting companies!
- Experience working with candidates in a hiring function is a huge plus
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate, network and develop relationships
- Strong project management skills that oversee the execution of a high impact process
- Work independently and cross-functionally with minimal oversight
- Detail, process and solution-oriented
- A positive, inspiring, and high-energy approach that is contagious to our candidates and everyone who works with you
- Motivated to grow as a thought leader around career change for veterans
- Strong connection to the military community a huge plus, but not necessary!
Perks & Benefits
We offer competitive and comprehensive packages. Our benefits offering includes 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Employees have the option to choose from a range of PPO, HMO and Kaiser plans and receive a free One Medical membership with a location around the corner from our office. We also offer pre-tax commuter benefits, pre-tax FSA and Dependent Care FSA plans, as well as flexible PTO, and ten paid holidays. There are additional perks and benefits, which we are happy to tell you more about!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.