We believe in the power of diversity and human connectivity to enrich lives. That's why we are on a mission to connect the world in an inclusive, authentic, and truly global conversation.
We are looking for driven, mission-focused individuals who recognize the power of conversations to bridge vast distances, explore deep differences and improve our experience of being human. We currently seek a Partnerships and Business Development Associate to help bring the magic of Portals to a wider audience.
Portals are immersive audio-visual environments in public spaces such as schools, parks, tech hubs, refugee camps, and universities, that connect people who would never otherwise get the chance to meet. When you step inside, you come face-to-face with someone in a distant Portal, live and full-body, and engage as if in the same room. We connect communities around the globe; bring the vast diversity of the world into classrooms; convene experts, thought-leaders and concerned citizens in a global dialogue; and give voice to the unheard.
In this role, you will:
- Seek to expand our network to valuable, deserving sites around the world;
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients and partner organizations;
- Conduct outreach to potential clients and partners to build interest in working with us;
- Develop and execute growth strategies to expand our reach and impact;
- Tell the story of Portals clearly and compellingly in a way that speaks to the unique characteristics of our clients and partners;
- Prepare tailored materials to demonstrate the value of Portals to potential partners and clients;
- Develop partnership proposals, set prices effectively and negotiate to reach agreement; and,
- Continuously learn and improve the way we work.
Ideally, you are:
- An articulate, energetic, and powerful communicator in spoken and written forms;
- A strong writer capable of reaching the first draft quickly and then iterating towards a finished product;
- Comfortable communicating across all settings and with people from all walks of life;
- A resourceful and entrepreneurial self-starter, able to see opportunities and work towards realizing them;
- Collaborative, willing to help others and to ask for help when needed;
- A lifelong learner open to feedback and always looking for opportunities to grow and improve; and,
- A problem-solver who can see the root cause of challenges and imagine possible solutions and new ways of working.