We believe in the power of diversity and human connectivity to enrich lives. That's why we are on a mission to connect the world in an inclusive, authentic, and truly global conversation.
We are looking for driven, mission-focused individuals who recognize the power of conversations to bridge vast distances, explore deep differences and improve our experience of being human. We currently seek an Operations Manager to oversee and execute Portal operations worldwide.
Portals are immersive audio-visual environments in public spaces such as schools, parks, tech hubs, refugee camps, and universities, that connect people who would never otherwise get the chance to meet. When you step inside, you come face-to-face with someone in a distant Portal, live and full-body, and engage as if in the same room. We connect communities around the globe; bring the vast diversity of the world into classrooms; convene experts, thought-leaders and concerned citizens in a global dialogue; and give voice to the unheard.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate the deployment of Portals to communities around the world by working with logistics providers and other third parties;
- Manage global inventory of Portal structures and technology kits to ensure we can meet the demands of our activation schedule;
- Source, purchase and experiment with new audio-visual technologies to improve the Portals experience;
- Liaise with clients, partners, and local authorities to plan and execute the logistics necessary to set up and operate Portals at sites around the world;
- Become fluent in operating the audio-visual aspects of the Portal and train and support others to do the same;
- Travel domestically and internationally to diverse locations in order to oversee Portal setup and train Portal operators;
- Roll up your sleeves to modify, maintain, alter, hack, or redesign our Portal set up;
- Contribute new ideas and develop practices for making Portals easier, faster, or cheaper to deploy and operate around the world;
- Develop and implement systems to streamline the above responsibilities and improve the scalability of Shared_Studios; and,
- Advise the CEO on all operational matters.
Ideally, you are:
- Experienced in some form of operational management, such as fleet management, production management, set management, event management, facilities management, inventory management, supply-chain management or manufacturing;
- Detail-oriented, capable of seeing multiple concurrent projects through to completion despite unanticipated challenges, and able to handle complex operations without dropping any balls;
- Comfortable building relationships with clients and representing Shared_Studios before a diverse range of stakeholders;
- A global citizen capable of working and communicating effectively in different cultural environments;
- Collaborative; enjoy working in teams, and are willing to help others and ask for help when needed;
- A lifelong learner open to feedback and always looking for opportunities to grow and improve;
- A problem-solver who can see the root cause of challenges and imagine possible solutions and new ways of working; and,
- Comfortable using basic hand and power tools to make small changes to Portal interiors when needed (or willing to learn!)