Shared_Studios is currently looking for a Multimedia Journalist and Content Creator with experience as a writer, editor, journalist, or multimedia content producer. This individual would write, review, edit, and proofread internal communications, conduct interviews with curators, develop Shared_Studios narratives, and produce content to be distributed across a number of public platforms.
The ideal candidate should have a significant portfolio of published work. Some occasional travel may be required.
- Interview curators, management staff, and Portal participants via phone and, when possible, in person
- Maintain shared database for collected content
- Write frequently for both popular publications and internal program evaluation
- Edit and write Shared_Studios newsletter content
- Develop 3-6 month Shared_Studios narrative plan that includes targeted interviews across Shared_Studios sites
- At least four years’ experience specializing in Journalism/Editing
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and oriented towards problem-solving
- Impeccable English abilities; other languages a plus
- Ability to manage, plan, and execute multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new systems and procedures
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally