Shadow-Soft is a systems integrator with a rich open source history. Our team of strategists and engineers help organizations navigate their technology journey with confidence. Hundreds of customers rely on Shadow-Soft to solve business problems with solutions that span culture, process, and technology.
Shadow-Soft seeks a DevOps Consultant to join our consulting team.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will work both individually and as part of a team focused on accomplishing a wide variety of tasks working with DevOps and Cloud technologies like Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS. You will work on external customer projects using an array of open source technologies to help customers establish or refine with best practices around cloud, automation and infrastructure. Our expert consulting and managed services teams specialize in migrating legacy applications, modernizing and optimizing infrastructure, deploying Agile & DevOps methodologies through orchestration & automation, and maintaining these environments both on-prem and in the cloud.
A successful DevOps Consultant would be someone who enjoys traveling to customer sites and interacting with their team in a way that makes a meaningful impact on that business, wants to live on the leading edge of open source technology continually learning and implementing the latest technologies, and possesses the ability to effectively operate both as an individual and as a part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major
- 3+ Years of industry experience
- 1+ Years working as a consultant
- Strong Linux System Administration skills
- Experience scripting in Shell, Ruby, Python and/or Bash
- Experience with building and deploying CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins and similar tools
- Experience developing and deploying automated processes with Ansible, Chef and/or Puppet
- Experience with containers and container orchestration using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with creation and management of VMware based virtual infrastructure
- Experience deploying and supporting mission critical systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technology to non-technical people
- Advanced knowledge of OSS tools and utilities for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks
- Advanced knowledge of agile development cycle and associated tools such as JIRA, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- RHCSA and/or LFCS
- AWS Associate/Professional Certification(s)
- Other relevant industry certification
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Shadow-Soft is unable to accommodate any sponsorships