We are a well-funded startup founded by a group of ex-Googlers.
Over the past six years, we experimented with revolutionary ideas that combine Machine Learning and Behavioral Economics and drove double-digit increases in productivity per Sales Agent vs. control at Google. Based on those learnings, we’ve developed a highly differentiated product that will dramatically improve sales operations. The demand for POC’s is significant.
As we are getting ready to hit the accelerator we are seeking a talented product marketer with experience in fast-growing SaaS startups.
As head of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for developing positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation of our product.
Our winning candidate will thrive at the intersection of SetSail’s product and sales teams, turning capabilities and benefits into customer-focused value propositions and content that drives understanding and demand. This role is based at our San Mateo headquarters and reports to our CEO.
What are we looking for:
- Proven aptitude to build high-performing teams, build consensus, resolve conflict, solve tough business problems, roll-up sleeves and deploy marketing strategy.
- A true team player with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.
- Three years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports and external vendors and contractors.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Must be a strong communicator, comfortable in front senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
What we expect from you:
- Become an expert in our products, our customers, and how our customers achieve value with our products
- Create product content that educates and inspires
- Shape and consistently refresh our sales playbook (e.g., sales enablement and sales training content)
- Own the product and customer content within our website and work closely with our internal product team, and external design agency to keep it compelling and current
Other things that you should know:
- Most of the days we are working from our team office at the San Mateo WeWork but we are also frequently using the WeWork spaces in San Francisco.
- We have a great Health Care program [Anthem Blue Cross PPO, Spirit Ameritas dental and Spirit VSP vision]. We cover 95% of employee cost and 80% of any dependent cost.
- As an early hire, you should expect a fair equity package.