The Apps Support Specialist, Content will be responsible for providing application support, or Level 2, for specific operations throughout, but not limited to, the media content supply chain. They are responsible to manage the issue resolution process for problems under guidance, supervision and well-defined work direction. In addition, they are a key member in the evolution of these products to meet ever-changing business demands. The content supply chain supports many brands across Viacom, including Viacom Media Networks, Viacom International Media Networks and Paramount Pictures.
This person will help monitor the application operations life cycle and workflows within the content platform – utilizing industry standard Agile methodologies, such as scrum. This person will work closely with the business, end-users and Level 3 engineers, as needed, to ensure applications and processes function as expected to meet business needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing supporting documentation, run books, and application user guides.
- Provide daily operational support for application systems and processes.
- Implements patches and fixes for application systems and processes.
- Escalates issues to the right party where required.
- Modifies and creates job controls, custom scripts and custom monitor utilities.
- Ensures system efficiencies.
- Learns best practices for systems and workflows
- Obtain and document system configuration knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of application operations and/or development experience and BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Familiarity of the content supply chain for all distribution platforms (linear television, VOD, SVOD, DTO, sites, apps etc.)
- Basic knowledge of content management systems and distribution workflows.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Great communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among the global organization.
- Desire and ability to develop professionally, both by learning from and sharing knowledge with co-workers
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Spanish
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of relational databases (i.e. MS Access, SQL Server, MySql and PostgreSQL)
- Microsoft development technologies including .NET and SSIS for review and debugging
- Java for debugging and minor development.
- Understating of RESTful and SOAP
- BPM concepts (Camunda platform a plus)
- Performance and monitoring platforms (i.e. New Relic and Sumo Logic)
- Data exchange formats and translation (i.e. JSON, XML, XSD, XPATH and XSLT)
- Template engine (i.e. Freemarker)
- Messaging bus technologies (i.e. RabbitMQ, AMQP)
- Source code repositories (i.e. SVN, TFS, BitBucket (stash) and GutHub)