Currently we are looking for a full-time Network engineer who will be responsible mainly for technical support tasks. The candidate will be part of a distributed team of Network engineers who are working on the VyOS project.
Required professional skills and experience:
- Experience with VyOS is perfect. If you are an active community member and have made bug reports or pull requests, please give us links.
- If not, experience with one or more of popular network equipment vendors devices (switches, routers or firewalls): Cisco, Juniper, MikroTik, etc. will do.
- Understanding L2: Ethernet, VLAN, L2 security, LAG/etherchannel/bonding.
- Understanding L3: IPv4, ICMP, ARP.
- Understanding L4: TCP, UDP.
- Tunneling protocols (L2TP, OpenVPN, GRE, IPSec - at least one).
- Understanding switching and routing principles.
- Dynamic routing protocols: BGP, OSPF.
- HA and load balancing technologies (L2 or/and L3, L4).
- Application protocols: DHCP, NTP, DHCP.
- Monitoring and analysis: SNMP, Syslog.
- Understanding Linux firewall (iptables).
- Experience in Linux administration and maintenance.
Experience with some of these will be an advantage:
- Understanding: MPLS, IPv6.
- Understanding DNS ecosystem.
- Dynamic routing protocols: OSPF, BGP communities, flowspec.
- Understanding firewall (iptables): chains, rules, actions, NAT.
- *Flow protocols (sFlow, NetFlow, IPFIX), Network Monitoring Systems.
- Understanding encryption using private/public keys principles.
- L2 security: Spoofing, DHCP Snooping, traffic segmentation, etc.
- Experience with software: hypervisors, DNS server, web servers, load balancers, SQL servers (any).
- Communicating with clients directly.
- Network infrastructure design and setup.
- Troubleshooting existing networks.
- Testing VyOS routing operating system.
- Deploying VyOS in clients networks and migrating existing nodes to VyOS.