How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team designing, creating and improving a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, solving complex problems and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a thought leader and creative problem solver - someone who has extensive experience, with a willingness to share, collaborate, and contribute to our team’s knowledge base. You’ll be providing a big picture view, establishing and improving best practices, while designing, building and supporting a number of our solutions for our customers. Although your average day will vary, your responsibilities will include and may not be limited to:
- Understand the client’s needs and the specifications of systems to develop;
- Interact with the product owners to understand the business requirement and write the technical specifications;
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge of planning and project management specific to software development lifecycle processes;
- Design new web applications and services by analyzing business requirements, construct workflow charts and different UML diagrams;
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs;
- Participate in task planning and support developers and team leads in coordination activities;
- Participate in the development of web applications and Java components based on best practices established by the company standard;
- Produce the necessary technical documentation;
- Participate in the development of web applications and Java components based on best practices established by the team;
- Participate in the code review process;
- Conduct the E2E, load, regression and performance testing;
- Design prototypes that quickly evolve into real world solutions.
What You’ll Bring to Sentaca:
- Expert in Java (v1.8+) and Python;
- Expert in Spring, including Spring Boot, Spring Security and other J2EE frameworks;
- Expert in OO Design and analysis using Design Patterns;
- Experience in large distributed, high concurrency, high load system design, development, and optimization;
- Experience in design and requirements gathering of web-based software products;
- Experience architecting and developing applications using Microservices paradigm;
- Proficient in SQL and NoSQL databases (Oracle/MySQL, MongoDB/Redis/Cassandra);
- Experience working with messaging frameworks like RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ/Kafka;
- Experience designing and developing REST and SOAP web services;
- Experience using UML methodology;
- Experience working with Linux operating system;
- Experience working in Agile environment;
- General DevOps knowledge: CI/CD, automation, build, deployment, configuration of multiple environments;
- Docker and Swarm/Kubernetes architecture knowledge;
- Habit in maintaining standardized programming records and documentation;
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with TDD/BDD;
- Experience in Big Data project using Hadoop/Spark;
- Experience Designing a large-scale application for the public/private cloud;
- Experience implementing SAML 2.0 Service Provider / OAuth 2.0 Client and provider;
- Experience architecting applications with OSGI;
- Experience in cloud computing based projects (AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry);
- Telecommunication industry experience.
Diversity, our Strength
More than simply a slogan to our beautiful city of Toronto - our small Toronto team boasts a diverse mix of team members from over a dozen different countries and we truly believe that this makes our company stronger! We are always seeking to increase our overall team diversity and are actively (and continuously) taking steps to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
Sentaca welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sentaca has been providing high quality advice, services and solutions to the mobile and telecommunications industry since 2000 and we have firmly established ourselves as a trusted partner to our clients. With our strong mobile services background as our base, we have recently begun building practice areas in the new and exciting areas around software solutions, cloud-based solutions, video and IoT. We are always on the lookout for bright, creative thinkers to join our growing team. Preference is always given to individuals who thrive on interacting with infant technologies and learning about new trends - we want to know what inspires you, and we want you to share that passion for technology with our team!