Day to Day Responsibilities
You will take responsibility for the technical understanding of the customer requirements. You will work with our clients on planning, designing, implementing, testing, analyzing and supporting platforms and solutions in the mobile domain. You will confidently be able to provide advice on various architectures & strategies on emerging technologies and be able to support the end-to-end deployment of various mobile solutions into mobile operators either on behalf of the operators or vendors.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide technical clarification of the customer requirements and design of the most appropriate solution;
- Perform Site Assessments of existing infrastructures/solutions and document as required;
- Design and sign-off of solution/service;
- Implementation, integration and test of solution/service;
- Interface with the project manager, other engineers in the team and test staff
Must Have Skills/Experience
- Minimum 8 year’s hands-on experience with more than one product in the telecommunications domain (i.e. 3G and LTE packet core network functions, subscriber data management, OTA platforms, service delivery platforms, online charging systems, policy servers, identity platforms, location platforms, presence servers, location platforms, messaging platforms, video/data optimization gateways etc. and integration experience with other applications such as billing systems, provisioning platforms, etc.)
- Familiarity with large systems design, with high transaction volumes and high availability requirements;
- Experience with working in an agile service implementation and distributed environment;
- Deep understanding of testing, performance and tuning techniques and processes;
- Demonstrable experience designing highly available and geo-redundant solutions understanding design implications relating to security, scalability & performance of a service end-to-end;
- Solid understanding of designing & administrating IP networks (TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, VPNs, Load Balancers, Firewalls, VLANs etc.);
- Experience in design and implementation of IMS VNFs.
- Deep knowledge with RedHat Openstack
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Extensive experience migrating Telco VNFs onto Openstack environment.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of one or more emerging technologies such as NFV/SDN, M2M, IMS, VoLTE & VoWiFi;
- Technical knowledge and experience of wireless telecommunications industry and standards;
- Oracle 9i/10g/11g - both basic administration and troubleshooting experience & extensive real-world use of SQL and basic understanding relational database concepts;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience using several of the following telecoms protocols: SOAP/XML, SMPP, SMTP, SUA, SIP, ISUP, MAP, SS7/SIGTRAN, RADIUS, Diameter, MLP, SCTP, CAMEL;
- Deep understanding of 3G/LTE network architecture (CS/PS cores, Evolved Packet Core); and/or
- Experience integrating with OSS, specifically with SNMP and Fault Management.