The role of Senior Software Developer – Video Systems at Sentaca ideally requires someone with experience in the video content delivery industry with a cable operator (MSO), an IPTV telecom operator, or a company that provides solutions to either. The role requires expertise in core software development and engineering practices with a great understanding of video content delivery and end device playout of video content.
A specialist in mobile since 2000, Sentaca is a leading provider of Consulting Services and Software Solutions to the telecom industry with clients across North America and Europe. The company has grown in parallel with the industry, ensuring that our Services and Solutions continue to bring growth and efficiency to our clients. We deliver innovative solutions to optimize technology platforms, evolve services and realize visions.
Sentaca is excited to be introducing a video practice to our suite of services. Our Video expertise includes streaming media integration, video content enablement, viewer control, and provisioning of Smart TVs, Set Tops, over the top dongles, and Mobile devices.
Our offering to clients is now twofold:
- Video service operators (and their partners) the same expertise we deliver to mobile operators in the areas of (1) public and private cloud application migration and development, (2) IoT traffic and security assessment, and integration, (3) endpoint provisioning and management, and (4) third party solution deployment.
- Mobile operators (and their partners) enhanced video service enablement and capabilities that involve streaming server integration, mobile device video players, and secure, high integrity internet protocol video delivery.
- Design and software development/implementation of various solutions for Sentaca customers
- Technical clarification of the Customer requirements and design of the most appropriate solution to those within the structure of Sentaca’s solution/service offerings so as to meet customer expectations
- Design and sign-off of solution/service
- Implementation, integration and test of solution
- Interface with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner and other developers in the team
- Travel as required to client premises as required
- Regular reporting of progress against user stories/requirements
As a Sentaca Senior Software Developer – Video Systems, you will take responsibility for the technical understanding of our customers’ requirements. You will work with our clients on planning, designing, implementing and testing best-of-class solutions within the video content delivery ecosystem --- from streaming servers, to secure video transports, to high quality video playout on embedded devices such as digital set top boxes, over the top video dongles, and mobile platforms such as tables and smartphones.
In addition to pure video stream delivery and playout solutions, our team is involved in video and audio oriented solutions involving virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR), voice remote control (ASR/NLP) and “TV Everywhere” solutions (authenticate subscribers once, play entitled content everywhere).
The ideal candidate will provide advice on various architectures and strategies on emerging technologies and be able to support the end-to-end deployment of various solutions with video operators and their platform partners.
The candidate must be able to author High Level Architecture/Design, Detailed Architecture/Design, requirements, test plan and other solutions related documentation.
Other duties you will be responsible for include:
- Establish, maintain, and grow a productive working relationship with the customer and third party suppliers
- Assist with estimates of proposed work product and customer solutions
- Review deliverables and documents to ensure compliance with our clients’ requirements
- Support the delivery of solutions/completion of projects, to the customer as planned and on budget
- Keep abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in the software development community, the video delivery ecosystem, and contribute to Sentaca’s internal technology strategy
Experience and Skills
The candidate must possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in architecting, designing and implementing video service platform solutions in the video service provider domain.
- Complete understanding of the software development life cycle
- Proficient use of collaboration tools such as issue tracking and wikis (Confluence, JIRA)
- Experienced with Agile Methodologies (for example; Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- Excellent problem solving skills, use of logic and ability to think outside the box when troubleshooting issues
- Deep understanding of testing, performance and tuning techniques and processes
- Great team player
- Effective communicator – experience with customer presentations
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal
- Preference given to individuals who thrive on playing with new technologies and learning about new trends
- Experience in a Software Professional Services or Consulting organization a plus
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following technology skills
- Programming Languages and APIs:
- C++, C, Qt, Audio/Video APIs (Broadcom Nexus, OpenMAX, Intel iSMD, etc.), HTML5
- Operating Systems (as a developer):
- Linux, Android, iOS, Windows
- HLS, HDS, MPEG-DASH with MSE /EME, DRM (Open Content Decryption Module (OCDM) Adobe Access, Microsoft PlayReady, etc.), RF4CE Zigbee, RTSP, RTMP(x)
- Reference Design Kit (RDK), Comcast XRE, Android TV (ATV), DTVKit (DVB), HTML5, Amazon Alexa Skill Development
- Tools and Techniques:
- Yocto, Gerrit, repo, OpenCV, Git, Mercurial, Perforce, Synergy, ClearCase, Subversion, Eclipse
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.