We are currently looking for a skilled, client-focused telecommunications engineer to join our Toronto office where you'll be working with a fantastic team on a variety of solutions for our customers. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies and confidently brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
Day to Day Responsibilities
You will take responsibility for the technical understanding of the customer requirements. You will work with our clients on planning, designing, implementing, testing, analyzing and supporting platforms and solutions in the mobile domain. More specifically, you will:
● Perform site assessments of existing infrastructures/solutions and document as required.
● Review deliverables and documents to ensure compliance with company, client and industry standards.
● Support the delivery of the solution/completion of the project, to the customer as planned.
● Analyze information using various methods and tools to expose patterns in data.
● Perform ongoing monitoring of service for continuous improvements.
● Assist in troubleshooting of networking and connectivity issues.
● Work on-site with our team and customers (including traveling to client premises as required).
Must Have Skills/Experience
● 4 + years experience in the telecommunications industry
● Basic 3G mobile communication and components;
● Basic LTE mobile communication and components;
● Hands-on experience and understanding of the evolved packet-core (EPC);
● UNIX/Linux and scripting experience;
● Familiarity with network traces/packet captures and ability to analyze them (Wireshark);
● Working knowledge and conceptual understanding of both RDBMS and NoSQL databases;
● Working knowledge about IPv4/IPv6 addressing, subnets, VLANs, IP networking;
● Understanding of virtualization concepts and technologies;
● Professional level, excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
● Experience working with public/private/hybrid cloud technologies (Openstack)
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
● Knowledge of IMS components;
● Experience with common telecommunication protocols (Diameter, SIP etc.);
● Experience with VoLTE call flows;
● Exposure to cloud-native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and understanding of related concepts;
● Working knowledge of Elastic stack (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana, Beats, APM etc.)
● Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure) technologies and concepts