About the Position
In the multi-cloud reality of today’s modern businesses, it’s more critical than ever that organizations maintain complete visibility and avoid expensive downtime. As Marketing Operations Specialist at Sensu, you’ll play a key role in engaging our community and empowering operators to embrace high-velocity change.
Sensu is the future-proof solution for multi-cloud monitoring at scale, empowering businesses to automate their monitoring workflows and gain deep visibility into their infrastructure, from Kubernetes to bare metal. Our customers include the likes of Box, Sony, Activision, Citi, and many more.
This role goes far beyond traditional marketing operations — you’ll work with content, PR, product, engineering, and leadership teams to foster engagement in our community and ensure our marketing systems are working as they should. Sensu operates as a fully distributed team, so you’ll work remotely from anywhere within the United States or Canada.
As Marketing Operations Specialist, you’ll be responsible for:
- Weekly and monthly reporting. Maintain accurate records of all key marketing metrics, and produce weekly and monthly reports for consumption by our sales team, leadership team, and even our Board of Directors.
- Hubspot marketing operations. Hubspot is our primary marketing/CRM platform at Sensu. You will build emails, targeted landing pages, custom forms, and marketing workflows, and maintain lists in HubSpot.
- Miscellaneous operations tasks. Support our marketing systems, tools, and processes for lead generation and database management, including Salesforce and HubSpot, and collaborate across marketing, sales, product, and leadership teams to streamline and optimize our marketing systems and processes.
Our ideal candidate will meet most of the following qualifications. Please don't disqualify yourself if you feel you are missing one or two (or three even?) of these skills – you probably have others or experiences that we didn't think to document here that may be just as valuable! We hire for strengths, not a lack of weaknesses – tells us what yours are!
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about the combination of data, technology, and marketing
- A stickler for the details
- Familiar with marketing automation tools and systems (HubSpot experience a major plus!)
- Proactive, creative, and results-oriented
- A pro at pulling reports and making data-informed decisions
- Passionate about open source and the communities surrounding it
Here are some nice-to-haves we’d like to see:
- Copywriting experience (AKA, you know how to draft copy that will convert)
- Copyediting experience (AKA, a keen eye for typos)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Prior experience working for a software company with a developer focus
- 1-3 years’ experience in the B2B technology space
- Able to move between strategic planning and ideation to hands-on execution
Don’t check all these boxes? We invite you to apply anyway. This is a junior-ish role, so if you’re just getting started in your digital marketing career but are smart and eager to learn, we’d love to have you!
- Competitive and transparent salary: $60,000 per year.
- Equity! Every member of Team Sensu receives equity in Sensu, Inc. (in the form of common stock options).
- Work from anywhere in the United States or Canada! We are a distributed team with flexible working hours and no central office location.
- 4-week minimum vacation policy, only used for full days off (20 days of PTO per year). Employees with unused vacation at the end of the year will have their access to company resources disabled until the new year (e.g. email, Slack, GitHub, etc.), corresponding to their balance of unused PTO! If you manage to exhaust your PTO, additional PTO will be granted depending on the impact to team objectives.
- Company paid holidays, based on the US Federal holiday schedule of 10 days per year (may be exchanged for alternate dates, such as personal days).
- Company provided healthcare for employees located in the United States (includes medical, dental, and vision coverage). Company pays 100% of premiums for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Company paid disability insurance (overlapping short-term and long-term coverage).
- Company paid life insurance policy, $100K guaranteed (no medical exam required).
- Monthly phone & internet allowance ($150/mo).
- Equipment allowance! We provide a $5,000 allowance for new employees, with a $1,000 refresh every 12 months, and a $4,000 every 18 months for updating your laptop and other equipment.
- Monthly gym allowance of $50 💪
Professional Development Opportunities
At Sensu, professional development is not only encouraged – it is expected. Individual career growth opportunities abound. Looking to level up some technical ability, advance your leadership skills, or continue some education? Whether you're beginning your career or mastering your craft, Sensu will help you get to the next level of you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sensu does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law (or human decency) in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Furthermore, we believe that homogeneous teams are not only boring but also disadvantaged due to a lack of diversity (of vantage points, etc).